Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Jesus, Vampires, Werewolves...Oh my!

A few weeks ago, Josh and I rented the Twilight movie.

After we finished watching it, I wrote on Twitter/Facebook (and I think I mentioned it on here too) that I had watched it, and liked it, but I kinda didn't get the big obsession over it. I asked if the books were better.

The comments started to flood in that I had to read the books.

I replied that someone would have to let me borrow them because I had just spent a good amount of money at Amazon on other books and I knew that Josh would say no when I told him I wanted to buy 4 more books.

Well, a friend from church - Colleen (and her daughter, Amber) offered to let me borrow the whole collection. The story can get really long at this point if I told you how many times the books had to be passed around from person to person, but finally another friend, Amy, gave the books to Josh at church on Sunday.

So, I now have all this to read:

Plus I am still working on reading my Bible for B90x.

I guess I will be spending a lot of time reading.

Some of my time will be spent with Jesus.
The other part of it will be with vampires and werewolves!

9 comments:

Becca said...

You will not be disappointed!!

Unknown said...

I have never read the Twilight series, nor do I get the obsession! Good luck and I am sure you will enjoy them!

Alicia W. said...

It will be well worth it! Promise

Lyryn said...

You have to tell me about this! I heard some good things about it and I would like to read them. Let me know!!!

Beth's Blog said...

You will not even notice how much there is to read, you will fly through them and not notice!
enjoy :)
Beth

mrs. fuzz said...

I hope you will enjoy them! I thought they were fun and hard to put down. I always read them in one night.

I gave you a blog award. i blogged about it yesterday.

lov said...

you have a lot to keep you busy!

i have a feeling alyse will allow you to read while she watches nemo!

Colleen Gebhardt said...

I knew these books would get lost, but I also knew they would get to you. That's the kind of people that attend our church. :0). I had no worries. Enjoy them!

Natalie said...

Yeah, what Beth said. The females in my family (well, my mom, her sisters, cousins, sister-in-law,etc..) are all HUGE fans.
I attended the midnight premiere of the first movie last year with some girlfriends and my mom, and am planning on doing it again for New Moon this year! It gives me a chance to get my estrogen fill.

Don't look at the size of the books, though. You'll be through them before you know it, though I highly recommend reading New Moon twice. You'll appreciate Jacob better.

Sorry for the long comment and sounding like SUCH a nerd!

P.S. Stephenie Meyer's novel, The Host, is also incredible (it doesn't have anything to do with the Twilight world, but if you like science fiction at all, it's a must-read). OK. Nerd out.