Our trip to Charleston was quick, but we had a fabulous time.
Josh and I had talked about going to Charleston for our anniversary a few months ago, but after the last few weeks, we stopped planning and I thought that we would just go out for dinner or something. But Josh decided that we should go ahead and go. I am so glad that we did!
On Sunday we had no plans! We didn't know where we were going to stay, what we were going to do, etc. We have some friends who grew up (or are married to men who grew up) not far from Charleston, so we asked them for some tips.
One of the places that they told us to go eat was Poogan's Porch. (This restaurant was named after a dog named Poogan.) I was told that the fried chicken and goat cheese mashed potatoes were so good. So, that is what I ordered, and let me tell you - they were yummy! Josh got shrimp and grits, and those were great too!
After dinner, we strolled Kings Street on the way back to our hotel. Kings Street is full of specialty and upscale shops. They were all closed, but it was fun to window shop. Plus, we had the whole street to ourselves.
And the flash on my camera is not good for my tan!)
We stayed at the Francis Marion Hotel. Josh told them it was our anniversary so they upgraded our hotel room, which was very nice of them. The bed was one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in and the hotel was very pretty.
The next morning I wasn't feeling very well. (Major headache!) Because of that, we ended up having a pretty late start to the day.
The one thing that I really wanted to do was go on one of Charleston's famous carriage rides. So we went and found the big red barn.
We walked around for a little bit.
(Again, please note that I am not this pale in real life!)
After awhile we decided that we would leave Charleston and head to Isle of Palms to go to the beach for a little bit. We were told that we had to eat at Banana Cabana, so that is were we went. The nachos and quesadillas were yummy!

13 comments:
Yea! Glad you guys went and enjoyed yourselves!
I just love Charleston...but not the humidity!! So glad you had a great time!!
Oh, and what a CUTE bag!!! Love it!!
LOL...I really am that pale in real life!!! :)
Glad you guys had a good trip!
How nice! So glad you all were able to get away and enjoy some couple time!
OH! I heart Charleston and I am so glad that you all got away. You have got to email me....when we lived near Charlotte, the hubs played ice hockey on the police dept. team. (even though he's a pastor!) Thought your hubs might know some of them....
I'm so glad you were able to get away for your anniversary! My hubby and I loved the carriage ride and browsing the Market when we were in Charleston. The humidity is something else though! I wore my hair up almost everyday because of it :)
i'm so glad you had a great time,
and i bet that the carriage ride was amazing!!!
I'm visiting from Lynnette's Getting to know you ... only a week behind. It looks like you had an amazing anniversary getaway.
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!
Happy Anniversary! We have never been to Charleston but I desperatly want to go. It looks beautiful and peaceful!
That looks like so much fun! You guys look so relaxed and in love. I am so glad you were able to get away and reconnect. I also think your hair looks fine with the curl. :)
Someday I may make it to more than just the Charleston airport. I hope that you are feeling better and I hope that you will be celebrating many many more anniversaries.
I've been hearing a lot about here. I think we need to make a trip there! Looks fun! H
Post a Comment