Friday, August 28, 2009

Beach Trip - Looking Back

We leave tomorrow morning to head out to the beach.
(I know that lots of people get concerned when it is announced over Twitter/blogs/Facebook about where people are and when they are leaving their house unattended. So...just so you know, our house and cat is being looked after by my friend Joy. So I have no fears of announcing that we are leaving. Plus, honestly, there isn't anything all that great hidden away in our house.)

This will be our 3rd year going to stay at the same house. It is right on the beach. We love it there.




Looking back - Last summer, September '08.









Looking back - Our first year, Summer '07.

(These are taken at the USS North Carolina in Wilmington ~ As seen on Jon and Kate Plus 8. Let me tell you, I have no clue how they got cameras in and out of there. The ship is HUGE but the stairs and walkways are so small.)

Look at my baby girl! She was 6 months old.

Oh how I can not wait to get my toes in the sand!

I think we will have Internet access there... so I may be blogging, I may not be. We will see.

Now....I'm off to pack.

6 comments:

Danielle said...

oh my gosh, I am sooo excited! I will be sooo happy to be there tomorrow! Alyse's beach pictures are so flippin cute_ I love that crazy pic of her and I from our first year. Also it made me laugh how girly we had her when we were on the battleship. I saw the episode of John and Kate +8 when they took the boys there and it made me laugh that you were afraid to walk on that grid too!

Lyryn said...

Aw, thanks for taking us back! Sounds like a great place! Can’t wait to hear all about it and see all the new pictures. Have a great vacation!!

Natalie said...

I can't believe how much Alyse's hair has grown! It's very motivating to me since my little princess has so little still. Oh, and the rest of the pictures were absolutely adorable too! I just couldn't get over the hair growth...

Have an absolute blast and take LOTS of pictures!

Kelly said...

I hope you have a wonderful and restful time! I loved looking over the pictures of the last 2 years. Alyse has grown so much! I'm sure she'll love the beach even more this year.

Mammatalk said...

What a beautiful girl!

Dori said...

Are you kidding?! I just spent the week in Topsail! We go towards the southern end. I love it! We had an amazing week with my sister and her family. Tropical storms at the beginning and end--but we still had a great week!

Hope you guys have fun!