Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Bag Lady

Some women are "shoe lovers" (Like my sister), but I am a "bag lover".
One of my favorite things has always been purses and bags.
I use to buy them all the time.
When Josh and I were dating he had an intervention with me so now I have tried to really cut back on my purse and bag buying. But every once in awhile I just have to buy a new one!


I recently got this bag:

I got it at Old Navy.
(It looks really blue in this picture... Really it is a navy color.)

The other day I picked it up and thought that it felt a little heavy. So I decided to do a little inventory and see what was in there.
(You ever have moments like that?)

This is what I found:



My "diaper bag" - with bib and 3 diapers
Baby wipes
Curious George Book
Pink/White stripped bag - Sunday morning notebook and Bible (which I have pulled out many times during a free moment to try to squeeze in some B90x)
7 Elevation pens (HA!)
Wallet
Black/White polka dot bag - compact, contact case, black hair tie, 2 lipsticks, lotion, brush (which is funny because when we went to Charleston I somehow forgot my normal hairbrush. So that little yellow one is the one that I had to use for the weekend.)
Mint
Extra Batteries (and usually my camera is thrown in my purse too)
Hairbow with small hair tie for Alyse
Elevation Backstage pass
Doctor's office receipt
Coupon for Hobby Lobby
Pink/white polka dot notepad with my to-do list on it
Key holder for our hotel room in Charleston
Keys
Sunglasses
BlackBerry


Good Lord, I have a lot of stuff that I carry around!

At least it didn't have a gun thrown in it.
Yes, that has happened before!

*Please note: No, the gun is not mine! It is Josh's!

One time we were on a road trip. I guess Josh got tired of his gun rubbing into his back as we were driving down the road, so he put it in my purse that was on the floor of the car. I didn't know. When I carried my purse into the house, it was really heavy! I said something about it being heavy and he said, "Oh, well it might be because I put my gun in there...." Nice! I was not happy that I was concealing his weapon.

11 comments:

Kelly said...

I have times like that too where I just can't believe how heavy my purse is! It's astounding how much can fit in even a small purse!

Cute purse, btw! I've been looking for a new purse, but haven't found exactly what I want. You make me laugh about the gun thrown in! If you have a pistol permit, then I would definitely carry it! Makes me feel soo much safer. :)

Have a great day!

Alicia W. said...

Mercy woman! Does your shoulder hurt carrying that thing around? I do see where you can use each of those items everyday though for sure. I never have a pen when I need one. Look at all your PENS! LOL

danielle said...

yeah, I got the shoe gene and you got the purse one! You are getting better at the shoe thing, but I really honestly need help with the purse thing...you can buy me a new one :) Brown preferrably.

Lyryn said...

I love bags too… I think, by far it’s one of the BEST accessories! That blue back is awesome!

Unknown said...

Girl, I love purses, too! That one is super cute! The bigger the better! I always am amazed at what I find in mine! Never a gun though :)

Ellen said...

My husband just bought me a much bigger bag for my birthday...I was always saying my current one did not have enough room...:) I too am a purse/bag lover.:)

Becca said...

Oh wow! I cannot believe that you fit all of that stuff in there! I bet your shoulders are hurting by the end of the day!

Courtney and the Boys said...

Oh I have such a purse/bag/tote fetish, too! They're so hard to resist! My most recent purchase was at Steinmart...a red and white polka dot tote with two zippered sides. The best part? One side is insulated so you can pack for a picnic and the other side is lined with plastic so you can wipe it out easily. LOVE it! :)

Raul and Catie said...

I have a bag addiction too (it's normal for women I think?), and ever since H&M moved to Nanjing it's gotten worse. and, I understand the "carrying everything but the kitchen sink". big city living forces you to carry everything!

Colleen Gebhardt said...

What an Elevation pen thief you are. I don't feel so bad now. lol!

Natalie said...

You're a girl after my own heart! My bag looks pretty similar, though it usually has cheerios crusted in corners and random band-aids stuck to things. I also tend to carry random coupons and punch cards...

However, I love shoes too, and HAVE to accessorize nearly everyday (no matter what I'm wearing) with jewelry, so I'm pretty much all girl! My one year old LOVES necklaces (hmm, I wonder where she got that from?)