Thursday, July 2, 2009

This Or This

I try many times during the day to give Alyse choices.

When she is eating breakfast I will ask her:
Do you want blueberries or strawberries?

When she is getting dressed I will ask her:
Do you want to wear this dress or this dress?
(I use to try to use colors with this, but well..most of her dresses are pink.)

Or sometimes when she wants to do something I will give her another option.

For example -When she wants to read the same book for the 3rd time I will say, "How about this book?"

(Thankfully she usually goes with me on these.)

Well, she has suddenly picked up on this whole choice thing.

She is always saying "This or this?" or "How 'bout this?"

Like when she is choosing a toy. She will point to them and say "This or this?" and then she will pick up a toy and start to play with it.

Or she will want to watch a movie, so she will come up to me with two movies in her hand and say, "Mommy, this or this?" Then she will take the one that she really wants to watch and say "how 'bout dis?!"

I'm glad that she is learning to make decisions, but I really didn't expect her to make such a big deal out of everything!

4 comments:

Meadowlark said...

Of course, if she's anything like mine, when they get older suddenly they have a tough time when life DOESN'T offer choices... like in school and stuff. That was quite the adventure! :)

Sounds like she's a sweetie pie.

Natalie said...

That's too funny! I also offer my son limited choices, but now he's getting wise, says, "Nooo" then picks something different. Sigh.

a boy a girl and a pug said...

How funny! She looks absolutely precious! I'm so glad you stopped by my blog and introduced yourself. Your blog is too cute!

Alicia W. said...

Kids are hilarious at this age huh? My girl still does the same thing and I have learned to trick her into eating better choices rather than a sweet sugery treat.. I say.. Tinkerbell just LOVES apples.. Works like a charm! :o)

Have a wonderful 4th of July sweetie!