Well, Saturday night I decided that it would be fun to make Alyse into a little rag doll for the first time. I pulled out everything that I needed and started her little beauty treatment.
Supplies needed:
Scissors and an old t-shirt
Which you use to make rag strips.
(and a little Disney magic for entertainment.)
Step 1
Divide hair into sections then use one piece of rag per section.

Roll down towards the base of the head (just like you would with a hot roller)
Divide hair into sections then use one piece of rag per section.
Roll down towards the base of the head (just like you would with a hot roller)
Tie into a knot to hold the rag/hair in place
Here is a glimpse at the final part of step 1

The rags should be lose and not be painful at all.
Step 2 - Put the rag doll to bed.
In the morning, pull out the rags carefully in a downwards motion.

8 comments:
That is so precious! She turned out so cute- although she was already too stinking cute to begin with. :) Thanks for sharing; I had always wondered how people did those rag curls.
Wow. Rags sound like a pleasure. My mom used to twist the hair around her fingers, tight, and then keep the in place with bobby pins. You know what it's like to sleep with 20 bobby pins sticking you in the head? OUWWEEE!!!!
Hey that was my t-shirt! I guess it's ok that you used it for Alyse's beauty being that I bought it in NYC about 12 years ago!
I do this all the time with my daughter, Anagrace's hair. She had the most beautiful ringlets as a toddler. Now they are only around her hairline, forehead and nape of her neck. I actually use strips of socks. It does make some pretty curls. Unfortunately, she is beginning to think she is "too big" for bows. I'm trying my best to convince her that bows are cool!:) BTW,Alyse looks adorable with her curls! Oh, and congrats on Baby B!
Thank you, thank you, thank you! I had those pink foam rollers and they were SO uncomfortable to sleep on! Now my daughter just needs to have HAIR...I wonder if I could do it with her patch growing down the middle?! Hmmm...
Alyse,
Your hair looks beautiful!!! Your Mommy did a super job. My mommy and Memaw used to put my hair in rags too. I have only tried it one time in Emma Grace's hair. She's not a big fan b/c it makes her hair look shorter.
Yeah for you!!!
I miss you! Can you come to see me tomorrow? Could you go to the pool if the weather is sunny? Call me;)
Joy
awwwww...i so wish i could have seen her (and you - to give you a squeeze!) yesterday! i know she looked so stinkin cute! of course, you know i don't have to use these for jordyn. but you better believe if jaelyn ends up with straight hair, i will have a little rag doll too!! hope to see you soon!!!
She looks so stinking cute!!!
Post a Comment