* Why is it that when you get pregnant you want to watch "baby shows" like A Baby Story and Bringing Home Baby? I have caught myself sitting and watching them a number of times. However when Alyse started to hold my hand and brush my hair out of my face just like one of the daddies on the show during a delivery, I decided that it might not be a good idea to watch it anymore. So instead I started watching 16 and Pregnant. Ha!
* Speaking of Alyse and television... Lately I have started to let her watch Dora and Diego. Those two shows usually drive me crazy, but a few months ago she ended up watching them at a friend's house. I knew that when I walked into E and G's playroom and they were playing as she was sitting in the middle of the room staring at Dora and Boots that I could no longer avoid those two cousins and animal friends. As long as she doesn't get into that Yo Gabba Gabba! That show scares me!
* It may be stupid, but when I got my US Weekly in the mail this last week I got a little excited when I saw Nick and Jessica on the cover together.
I really don't think that they will get back together but it would make me pull out my Newlyweds DVDs and have a little celebration if they did. (Yes, I can't believe that I admitted that I have the DVDs of Newlyweds, but I loved them. When they broke up I called Josh at work and told him. His reply: "Stephanie, you don't know them. They aren't your friends. Get over it!" Ha!)
I really don't think that they will get back together but it would make me pull out my Newlyweds DVDs and have a little celebration if they did. (Yes, I can't believe that I admitted that I have the DVDs of Newlyweds, but I loved them. When they broke up I called Josh at work and told him. His reply: "Stephanie, you don't know them. They aren't your friends. Get over it!" Ha!)* Please keep Josh in your thoughts. He is in mourning right now. After hearing some rumors, I did a little goggle search and had to break the bad news to him that "The Unit" had been cancelled. It may take him some time to get over it.
* I'm not sure why people always complain about there being no good summer shows. I've been watching Big Brother, So You Think You Can Dance, The Bachelorette, Tori and Dean, The Next Food Network Star, Design Star, and soon the new Real Housewives comes on. I think there are plenty of entertaining shows on.
* I know you are thinking that the TV must be on a lot at our house (and honestly, yes, it is!) but I have loved reading more this summer than I have in awhile. I am almost done with all 3 of those books that I just got last week. (So far I have to say that Lauren Conrad's LA Candy has actually been my favorite.) So now I need to get a new reading plan. I think I am either going to go to the Christian book store and find me a new mommy book or after watching Twilight this weekend I think I may start to read that series. (I know that is so ironic! Christian mommy book vs vampires: they are two totally different ways to go!)
Ok, guess I will stop now. It's time to find something on TV. It is a rainy, overcast day today so that means there will be no pool or playing in the back yard. I need something to do while Alyse paints and jumps around in her ball pit. Too bad the America's Next Top Model marathon was on Oxygen yesterday instead of today.... Don't I live an exciting life?

8 comments:
Police Wives Inc would love if you could possibly add our link to your blog... We have you listed as an LEO Wife Blog on our website, which you can find at PoliceWives.org. THANKS!
We have a ton in common when it comes to summer shows! Loves it!
okay - i am IN LOVE with tori and dean...i can't figure out why...but it is completely addictive...
sorry about your news today - i'm praying for you this afternoon...
love
jess
You know, as much as I couldn't care less about nick and jessica, and we totally don't know the whole story behind their relationship, I really want them to get back together too. And for all we know that could be the worst possible solution for them. It drives me crazy that I want to watch shows like, The Real housewives of New Jersey or other stuff like that. It just makes me mad while I'm watching it, but yet I can't stop! I'm always embarrassed when HF comes home and catches me watching something like The Hills.
You sound just as bad as me when it comes to celeberties and television. I have been reading a lot too lately. I find that it is the only way to keep me awake while nursing Aubrey.
One of my next books is LA Candy. AND I will promise you that the book Twilight is soo much better than the movie. I got hooked on that series after seeing the movie. You will not be disappointed!
I couldn't believe when I read what you wrote about Nick and Jessica...I don't have the show on DVD, but I loved it and I don't know why I have a strange infatuation with them.
Also, America's Next Top Model marathon...that would be AWESOME, too bad we don't get Oxygen!!!
this is my most favorite post....
because i totally love the random thoughts, because i'm totally a random thinker!
I'm also a random thought person, so this post was right up my alley.
A good cop replacement for Josh could be ABC's Castle. It's more detective work than patrol since it's about homicides, but it's SO funny! I know. I wouldn't have put funny and homicide together either, but it's really well-written. I realized I loved Castle because his personality was just like my hubby, but we've LOVED watching it together.
And I don't know if you read my leo-perspective of the Bachelorette on my cop-wife blog, but I've been loving that show too.
As for Twilight, I'm a huge fan and have read the books multiple times. I laughed at the first movie because there were some extremely cheesy parts, but overall it stayed true. Books are SO much better though and I've attended the midnight release of Eclipse and Breaking Dawn (when I started getting into them). I'll be attending the midnight release of New Moon the movie, guaranteed.
Yikes! Sorry for how long this is, and I could just keep going! Thanks for the fun post.
Post a Comment