Thursday, July 9, 2009

Night Out On The Town

Well, the dress did not come in.
*Sigh*

At about 12:30 yesterday afternoon I checked and saw that it was still in transit so I knew that it was not going to get here in time.
(By 1:30pm it was in Greensboro.)

I had gone to meet my dad in Greensboro
(yes, the same place my dress was! So frustrating!)
We had lunch and then I headed home alone and Alyse went home with Papa.
(She is spending the rest of the week in Raleigh.)
On the way home I stopped at Concord Mills for one last emergency shopping session.

I found a dress.
I liked it, and it was kinda close to what I had imagined for the night.
So I got it.

Here is the dress

My shoes (pink polka dots on navy blue-super cute!)

The whole outfit:

I wish that I had a picture of me actually in it, but I of course forgot my camera.... I know that pictures of Josh and I were taken (by the wonderful Sean Lyon) but I don't have any.

A couple of people have asked what the event was... well, actually it was an Elevation event. On Sunday, the guys released their newest worship CD. (Which is WONDERFUL! You can get a copy/listen to it here or here) So the party was a release party.

The party was at an upscale club in the new EpiCenter called Suite.

It was so fun to spend time with some of our best friends. On Sundays I usually don't get to see everyone so it was really nice to have everyone in one spot and get some socializing in! They then did a little "story telling/unplugged" worship where the guys told the stories behind a few of the songs and then did an acoustic set.

After the party was over Josh and I decided that we were all dressed up, had no child to rush home to, and were already Uptown. We decided to finish the evening off with a little movie date. (For those of you who aren't from Charlotte, the movie theater at the EpiCenter is really nice! It is brand new. When you buy your tickets you use a touch screen and reserve your seats. You can also order food from the attached restaurant, so it is really upscale. Not just a normal movie theater!) We went and saw "The Proposal".

It was a fabulous night!
I got to dress up. I got to laugh and see a bunch of my friends. I got to go out Uptown, and I had a date with my handsome husband
(who was looking good in his suit)!
What more could I ask for?



6 comments:

Kristin said...

Those shoes! Oh my word those shoes!! They are adorable!!

dawn said...

that was so much fun wasn't it?? it was so fun to hang out with everyone in such a fun setting!!! you looked fabulous by the way!!!

lov said...

i'm so sorry your dress didn't come, but boy oh boy did you find a great dress!!
and now you will have a precious pink dress for another date someday! :)

Natalie said...

I should have read this post before the other one, but how cute was that outfit (and with your blonde hair I'm sure it looked stunning on you!)

I love that you had such a wonderful date night and didn't have to worry about dirtying up your pretty outfit with little goobers from fingers or tote a diaper bag (though they make some super cute ones nowadays). Yay for being a couple out on the town!

Becca said...

Sorry your dress didn't make it to you in time but glad you found another one. The shoes are absolutely adorable too! Sounds like you had a great night out!

How was the movie?!

Beth's Blog said...

I love the dress and I love, love love those shoes! I know you looked beautiful :)