Friday, July 24, 2009

God's Plans, Not Mine

This week has been pretty difficult.

It started Monday with a a combination of little things that just started to overwhelm me.

Tuesday we got a phone call that a big "want" in our life was not going to be happening.

Wednesday was just emotional.

Thursday was great, until I noticed that I just didn't feel quite right
and then I saw some spotting.

This morning, there was more than just spotting.
I went to the doctor and it was confirmed that at 8 weeks and 5 days God had decided to change the plan on us. There will be no baby in Feb/March.

We are very sad. Very, very, sad.

I've been shaken this week. Shaken hard!
And I am feeling it, but I will be fine.

I've learned that my plans aren't always going to work out how I expect them to. I'm thankful for what I do have. And I am trusting that God's ways are better than my ways.

We are going to take the next couple of days just to be together as a family of 3.


22 comments:

Maria said...

Words cannot express how sad I feel for you, Josh and Alyse. You just have to believe that God has a plan even though it is unseen and unknown at the moment. I love you!

Kristin said...

Stephanie ~ I am so very sorry! Praying our God of all comfort and peace be with you and your family.

Courtney and the Boys said...

Oh, Stephanie, no. I am so very sorry for your loss. You are such an amazing person and thank goodness you have God to see you through this. I'll be praying for you!!!!!!

Sheyna said...

I've been reading your blog for awhile and just had to respond to your post today. I am so very sorry for this news. I will be praying for you and your sweet family.

Becca said...

Stephanie I am so terribly sorry you are having to go through this. I know that it is very difficult and I hope that you find peace. My prayers and thoughts are with you.

If you've read my blog recently this past Wednesday exactly a year ago, I misscarried. As you know, I got pregnant one cycle later with Miss Aubrey! Hope that cheers you up some.

Dori said...

Oh, Stephanie! You know my heart goes out to you! I know that pain. That heartache.

Hold tight to each other. Above all else--give yourself a chance to grieve. Your body needs that. Your heart needs that.

Please email me if you need to talk. Smplydori at gmail dot com

Alicia W. said...

My heart breaks for you and your entire family. I'm so sorry and just know that I will be praying for your strength and courage to go on. Much love and hugs to you during and after this time. Love, Alicia

Izzy, Emmy 'N Alexander said...

*hugs*

Liz {Learning To Juggle} said...

Found you through Alicia,

I am so sorry for your loss - you and your family will be in our prayers!!

Elaine at Matters of the Heart) said...

Lifting you in prayer.

Heather said...

I am so sorry Stephanie. I will be praying for you and your family.

Joanie Richards said...

My heart is aching for you guys. We're praying that God will give you peace and comfort. Love you!

Jill Pagels said...

I am so sorry. I don't even know what to say. It is so very hard when things don't go according to "our" plans, but God's are so much greater. While they can be very hard for us to understand, there is a reason. I'm keeping your family in my prayers, I can't imagine what a difficult time this must be.

dawn said...

my heart is aching for you, my friend. i am so very sorry and so sad. please let us know how we can be there for you during this time. you are in our thoughts and prayers. love you!!

Natalie said...

You made me get teary-eyed, but because of the strength you have in God's plan and the obvious love you have for your family. I'm so sorry that things are hard for you right now, but you're not alone.

If you ever need to e-mail me, feel free to at cnm1230 at msn dot com. I know another blog that might help you grieve and recover.

FancyPants said...

So so sorry to hear of your loss. Prayers and thoughts are with you.

Sarah Robbins said...

I am so sorry for your loss. I will be praying God comforts you and Josh in your sorrow. . .

Taylor said...

I'm so sorry Stephanie, I know your family's hearts are hurting but know that you've got a lot of people praying for you guys and you are exactly right about God having a greater plan in mind!!

Raul and Catie said...

so so sorry to hear that Steph..but it's amazing the strength that you are able to show right now, trusting in His plan and His timing...keep on trusting, and I'll be praying for you, Josh, and Alyse

Lisa said...

I'm so sorry Stephanie. My you find comfort in the creator.

mrs. fuzz said...

I am so sorry to hear that Stephanie! I think it's great that you are taking time with just the 3 of you though. You are amazing.

Chelsea said...

I am so sorry, Stephanie. I admire you for the strength you've shown in this post and your strong faith in God's plan. I can't imagine how difficult this must be for you. I pray that God's peace and comfort will be with you and your family.
Chelsea Prevette