I looked down and saw that it was an invitation to my 10 year High School reunion.
(Gosh, I am old!)
Josh and I made the decision that we would not be making the trip back to Michigan to go. Part of me was kinda surprised that he didn't want to go. It is HIS hometown after all. (I only lived there for 3 yrs. I personally think God just had my family move there so I could find Josh.) But we both agreed that we would save the money and his time off.
And honestly... I am not sure if I really wanted to go. I don't know how many of my friends would be there. (Really a lot of my friends were either older or younger than me. Only a few were actually in my class.) But then again it would be kinda fun to see what everyone has been up to, what they look like now, etc. However, I guess I can just look up everyone on Facebook.
So in remembrance of my high school years I thought that we would go back about 10 years.
Popular music from 1999
...Baby One More Time, Britney Spears (Could sing every word)
Genie In A Bottle, Christina Aguilera (Loved Christina back then.)
Livin' La Vida Loca, Ricky Martin (Made me want to shake my "bon bon")
If You Had My Love, Jennifer Lopez (Makes me think of HS dances)
Have You Ever?, Brandy (This was one of my favorite songs.)
I Want It That Way, Backstreet Boys (This video always made me laugh.)
Summer Girls, LFO (Made we want to shop at Abercrombie & Fitch)
Can I Get A..., Jay-Z (Whoo-whoop!)
Doo Wop (That Thing), Lauryn Hill (Loved this song!)
Mambo No. 5,Lou Bega (Is it stuck in your head?)
Miami, Will Smith (This song brings back major memories of driving with friends)
My Heart Will Go On, Celine Dion (Most played song of '99)
Tearin' Up My Heart, *Nsync (I admit it, I loved them!)
Popular movies from 1999
Blair Witch Project (Hated that movie!)
American Beauty (Still have never seen it.)
The Sixth Sense (Didn't really like this movie either...)
And now for some... pictures.
(I may regret this later. Please don't make fun of me!)
Here is me and my handsome football player by the Victory Bell!

Here is me and my handsome basketball player

This was taken at youth group

This is me and Jonathan (one of Josh and my best friends.)

At a football game - Nicki, my sister Danielle, Kelli, Me, and Chris.
(This picture is proof that those bangs were popular. It wasn't just me who had them!)
Josh and I on my 18th birthday
I think this was hanging out at my house. (Our house was the "hang out" house.)
1-9-9-9
I tried to get some more... I was thinking prom pictures or graduation, but our scanner isn't working. Oh well! That is enough for our trip down memory lane.
Let's close with a cheer!
Let's close with a cheer!
1-9-9-9
We're the class of '99


10 comments:
The pics aren't bad at all. At least you didn't suffer from big hair like some girls did when I graduated HS in '92.
Seeing the song list brought back many memories too. Even though I already had 3 children by '99, I was still considered to be very young. LOL
So...the fact that a large number of my former classmates are heading to our *20th* high school reunion this week end should make you feel not quite so old. :D
And you two were just far too adorable!
Those pictures are great. And I am with Kela. I also graduated in 92.....I think I am the one who is old...
i love love love that LFO song! :)
i'm gonna go have to download it just to listen to it!
OK, it's just getting creepy how much we're alike! ;) Our mascot was the Trojan as well (and tons of jokes as well because of the brand). At our reunion we had a paper similar to yours listing the most popular, etc... as well as what was going on like gas average at $1.22, U.S. stamps at 33 cents and Spongebob Squarepants airing for the first time.
'99! '99! ninety-ninety-ninety-ninety-nine! (I could do my whole fight song, but you already seemed pretty embarrassed with the rest of your post, so I'll spare you).
The post brings back so many memories! I was one year behind you, so I feel you with all those pop and R & B songs.
How wonderful that you and your husband share so many memories! I'm not going to my reunion either, and I live in the town I grew up in. Actually, I teach school in the school district I grew up in!
Nice post! I like to not think about school though lol. Bad years for me.
28th reunion here. Not going. We're from such a small town that the last reunion had to combine 1980 - 85 and even then we had a turnout of maybe 60? Graduating class of 21 and we were the largest class in years. Average was 11.
No pictures... do I look CRAZY!!!!!
Ok, if your old then I'm old! B and I both were dating and graduated in 99 from the same high school as well. I love that. I didn't go to my reunion this year either.
You're not old. I was graduating grad school in '99! What a fun post to go down memory lane.
Post a Comment