Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Trying To Cut Cost

Ok, friends, I am always reading about how much people save with coupons and deals, and for some reason, I am not good at it!!! I really want to learn how to do the whole couponing~bargain shopping thing. So, I have started to try to get into it.

I have found a few new sites that I am trying to figure out:
Money Saving Moms
Freebies 4 Mom
The Bargain Jargon

I have also signed up for some coupons:
Cool Savings
Red Plum
Smart Source
Mommy Saves Big
My Savings
( I am sure there are more out there!
Plus starting with a Sunday newspaper might help...)

See, I have does some work on this, but it just isn't working for me!
I am guessing that it is going to take some time and work.

If you have any advice, tips, hints, help, please let me know!
My budget (and my husband) would appreciate it!

6 comments:

Colleen Gebhardt said...

I stink at this too Stephanie. Thanks for posting the links. Een when I say I am going to do it, I always fizzle out. I think when you actually do the math at the end of the week, the whole idea may seem more appealing. I will be looking out for more tips...

Diana said...

Check out grocerygame.com I love it!

Brook said...

I know a lot of people do the whole coupon thing, but honestly, that never worked for me. I generally don't buy things that have coupons because the generic usually cheaper than the name brand product with the coupon. I also do most of my cooking from scratch. In my opinion that doesn't mean a can of this, a bag of that. I am still weining myself, but I am trying to only buy tomatoes and green chilies in cans. Everything else I buy fresh or frozen or make myself.

However, maybe if I took the time to look at some of these sites, I may change my mind. I don't want to be closed minded about it, especially since its been a few years since I've tried the whole coupon thing.

Kristin said...

Check out the Works for Me Wednesday at "We are THAT Family" today. All the tips today are frugal tips and how people save money!

http://www.wearethatfamily.com/2009/05/wfmw-frugal-edition.html

Becca said...

If you have a Kmart around you, I was told that it's double coupons on this week. And they accept ones that are up to $2 meaning you will save $4.

mrs. fuzz said...

I really wish I could figure out the coupon thing. I try, but I get all overwhelmed and my head feels like it will explode. I was searching the other day and found a site I like. Maybe you saw it too. it's couponing101.com. I think I'll check out the ones that you linked to.