
Welcome to our home again!
This week, I am sharing pictures of our dinning room, which is actually one of my favorite rooms in our house.
But before we start with the tour, I have to tell you a short story.
Awhile ago, I went with my parents to visit a lady from their church. She gave us a little tour of her house and one of the last rooms she took us to was a guest room, but she called it her "Heritage Room". She went on to tell us that most of the decorations and furniture in the room were from when she was growing up or were passed down from her parents, grandparents, and other family members. When I left that night I had fallen in love with that idea.
When I looked at my house, I realized that I already had my own heritage room in the making. It was my dining room!
A few years ago, Josh's grandmother passed away. She had left us a beautiful table and china cabinet. I had been so thrilled with that because, first of all we didn't have a dinning room table, but also my Grandpa had given me some beautiful English china for a wedding present. I think it is so special that both of our grandparents gifts worked together to make a beautiful antique dinning set.
We also received a beautiful antique high chair (pictured above) and cradle (pictured below) because I was pregnant with Alyse at the time that Josh's Grandma died.
This chest is one that Josh made when we were in high school.
All the candles are from our wedding.
I have also been working on collecting family photos, from both my family and Josh's family to frame and hang.
Here are some of my favorites:










21 comments:
Your dining room is lovely...what sentimental values you can attach to your beautiful things. I love the old pictures !!
Thanks for sharing !
this is so lovely to see and hear - what a serene room!
Love your pictures, esp the one of the laughing woman in the white shirt, jeans rolled up.
i love your dining room and the white!! So pretty and formal!! Your candleholders are really pretty!
Our bedroom is kind of like this...it's our wedding room. I love old photos! Thanks for sharing!
I had such a sweet feeling when I laid eyes on your room! I just love how you have done everything! The hutch is just beyond words....I love it and love the heritage behind it all. I also love how you framed all the wedding pictures! That is priceless!
Blessings to you!
Those pictures are awesome! Cute room!
Many Blessings,
Amanda
Beautiful room! I love how soft the white makes it. The heritage room is a great idea, you have many beautiful special pieces, those pictures will make the perfect addition! thanks for sharing!
I love it. It's so dreamy...those slipcovers...ahhh. I also love all the heritage photos....I treasure mine for sure.
I love the name "Heritage Room". What a neat idea. I loved all your pictures. I wish I could get my hands on some old ones like that! Your dining room is very sentimental and so special. GREAT job!
Very cute space! ...and I love your dishes!
I love all the old family pictures! That is what I want to do with my guest room! It is so great to have a room that has so much history! Thanks for sharing!
Beautiful. I love the old family photos.
LOOOOOOOVE it all. I've been figuring how I want to display our old family photos from both sides of the family. What a beautiful room and great ideas. I'm still not sure how I'll do a "heritage" room though. But this was very inspiring and fun to read!
I love the history, especially the china! Beautiful!!
Beautiful room!
Hi! I love your dining room and all of the wonderful pictures of your family you've shared! I have the same pink and white dishes as you have! Have a lovely weekend,
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;0
Beautiful dining room. I love the china!
I love the shabby chic feel the room has. It is beautiful...
BTW your blog is so cute!
Beautiful room!
i was complaining about my dining room b/c almost all the pieces in there were family members and don't match-- i guess that would be my heritage room too :) we also have one of my husband's grandpa's hats in there (he was amish).
Post a Comment