Sunday, May 24, 2009

A Speedy Lunch

Every Friday we go Uptown to have lunch with Josh. This Friday, we decided that we would walk around Speed Street.

For those of you who don't know what Speed Street is, it is a big street fair that celebrates the NASCAR Coca-Cola 600 race that is held at Lowe's Motor Speedway. There are concerts, street vendors, and lots of racing "stuff".

Now, Josh and I are by no means race fans, but Josh is a fan of some "fair food". (Me...not so much, but that's ok.)

We didn't stay long, but Alyse did have her first food from a vendor. She seemed to like it. She also liked the music and the big stage in the middle of the street.

We didn't stay very long (maybe a half hour), but it is always fun to do something a little different.
And it is always good to see Daddy!


4 comments:

Sarah Robbins said...

Ahh, that last one is so precious! It looks like ya'll had a great time!

Becca said...

I have been trying to comment on your blog for days but kept getting an error message! It looks like y'all had fun! I love pigtails on her!

Mindy said...

Love that last picture! SO so sweet!

mrs. fuzz said...

I love me some funnel cake!