Thursday, May 7, 2009

A Giveaway After My Own Heart

Just a few days from now all us moms will have a special day just for us!

I am anticipating a great day at church, maybe some flowers and cards, a phone call with my own momma, and some extra lovin' from the baby girl. I think that it will be a great day.

For my whole life I have wanted to be a "Mommy"! I knew that God made me for the job. And I do mean JOB. I love my baby girl, but I really take it seriously that I am her mommy! God gave her to me to raise to be a little girl after His own heart. (I pray that for her every night!)

In order to do that, I personally feel like I need to be a mom after His own heart.

Well, not that long ago, wondering around the Christian book store (one of my favorite things to do!), I saw a book that I knew was going to come home with me.


I had seen this book before, but I had a bunch of other "mom books" that I had on the list to read. However, this day it was on sale (and well, to be honest, my dad was buying...) so I picked it up.

I have enjoyed ever second of reading it! There really isn't anything "new" in the book, but it has been SO encouraging to read. It has made me want to be a better mommy, but without the "mom guilt"!

There is so much good stuff in it that I would LOVE to share with all of you!

So... I thought it might be a wonderful Mother's Day present for me to give to someone.

YES, that's right! A fun giveaway!

I am going to give to a lucky winner the book and also the study guide.

Here is what you need to do ~ just leave me a little comment!
That's it!

Also, if you would like to tell some friends, that would be great!
You can also start to follow my blog, if you want.
But this is really just being able to share this book and study guide with other moms out there!


If you would like to "take a look" at the book. Click here.

I will be randomly picking a winner on Sunday.
So please have your entries in by 6pm on Sunday, May 10th.
I will let you know who will be the winner on Monday.

I can't wait to share this book with another special mom out there!


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to read that book too! And you know I love to read! Happy Mother's Day, my friend!

Joy

Amanda said...

What a sweet idea! I already own the book and read it for a book study with a small group of other Christian mothers. Good luck to all of you trying to win it, and happy Mother's Day to all you mommies out there!

Kim McCutcheon said...

Add me to the list for this book giveaway. Maybe I'll find time to read over the summer:-)

Natalie said...

What a sweet idea! Here's something from one mommy to another: I subscribe to Parenting magazine, and everyday they have a giveway during the whole month of May (go to http://www.parenting.com/giveawayaday). I tend to have rotten luck when it comes to winning anything, so the more I get my name out there the better!

Happy Mother's Day!

Rick Hudgens said...

I think your mom is a mom after God's heart - but I do think she would love this book and outline. Thanks for remembering your mom on Mother's Day.

Beth's Blog said...

What a great giveaway!

Happy Mother's Day!!! :)

Jill Pagels said...

I was eyeballing that book last time I was at the Christian book store, but ended up going with "The Power of a Postitive Mom" which was great.

Lisa said...

I love your blog. What a great book for a give away. I hope you have a great Mother's Day.