For some reason just thinking about when we can take her on this memorable trip (and going to the American Girl store) can make me all teary eyed.
This past year I have had two of my really good friends take their families on the big Disney World trip.
Then over the past month or so, at least 4 of the blogs that I read on a regular basis, the people have had their photos and tell stories of their trips to the Magic Kingdom, MGM, Epcot, etc. I admit that I have sat at my computer with jealousy in my heart.
But I have started thinking about it.
I decided that Alyse really is pretty young to go to Disney World. While I think she would LOVE it, I don't think she could fully enjoy it yet. Plus will she remember it? Probably not!
Then I looked around and decided that there really is plenty of Disney magic right here in our own little house.
Princesses are everywhere...(sippy cups, pjs, fruit snacks, books....)
(side note - Thinking of all those princesses, why is it that Belle is one of the main princesses that is on everything, but you can't buy Beauty and The Beast because it is "in the Disney Vault"?! If I am going to be buying her products I would like to enjoy her movie too! Ok, that rant it over.)
Tinkerbell is floating around in Alyse's playhouse.
Playhouse Disney is on every morning, well except for the Curious George break.
You can hear "I know you, I walked with you once upon a dream....." sung many times a day.
And of course all the regular Disney characters are right in our entertainment center just waiting to come out to sing and dance for us.
But I do have to say that I'm sure that our Winnie the Pooh is much cuter than the one that they have in Florida!
So, for now, we will just wait and wish upon a star that dreams will come true and someday we will go to the Happiest Place On Earth.
6 comments:
Steph, if it makes you feel any better, I took Amber at 18 months. She enjoyed it at the time, but has no recollection of the trip at all. Not even when she looks at the pictures. I don't regret the trip, but it was much more memorable when we went back on a mother daughter trip when she was 6. Just the 2 of us. That was really special. From a seasoned mother...wait. And don't feel sad about it. Wait until you can share the memories, instead of just telling her about it!
Dustin's Mother's family all live nearby Disney World. He would go every summer when he was young but does not remember it until he was five. So we decided we would wait until Aubrey was around that age. It will be so much more fun anyway. Oh, and you have the cutest Winnie I have ever seen!
We were with Colleen and Amber on her first trip - and Danielle was only 6 months old - but we met Joe's family from NY there first. So actually Amber was just shy of being 2 (memory is not my sisters strong suit!!!).
She doesn't remember much but I have to say for Joe and I it was hands down one of our best trips ever. I sit here crying as I think of it. Watching Amber see her first character (King Louie from Jungle Book) was unbelievable. And then the highlight of the trip - Amber's grandmother gave her money for a costume so she was fully decked out in Minnie Mouse - dress, shoes, ears etc.... and we were on Main Street watching the parade - well we had her up in front and EVERY and I mean EVERY character pointed to her, waved, stopped - and Prince Charming made a point of saying "Hello Princess" to her!!! I was in tears at that point - just from the excitement of it all.
I will say Alyse will get more out of it in a few years - and you and Josh will have memories that will last a life time. And she won't be having meltdowns because she is hot and tired and you won't be having meltdowns because she is having melt downs etc... Joe and I are what you call "frequent visitors" to the happiest place on earth and our memories will be with us forever.
Sorry my comment is SO LONG - but my sister will tell you that this is one of my favorite topics!!!
Oh and having been there - you do have the the CUTEST Winnie the Pooh!!!
I don't think I can let you guys go to Disney without me...the only exception was for your honeymoon. I don't want to miss out on Alyse's magical fun.
My mom and I went to Disney last wednesday, and I could not believe all of the small children that were there. I'm sure it's because I'm nowhere close to being a parent, but I just cannot imagine enjoying that trip while pushing around kids in strollers all day long! Maybe that's just me :)
I cannot wait to take the boys either! I am so excited. My mom told me while I was pregnant with Nathan that we'd all go together someday and recently she's even started talking maybe next spring. Woohoo!!! I am so excited. My mom and dad have never been, I went with band in high school then agin when I was in college with Dustin, where we got engaged right in front of Cinderella's castle. I am a little jealous of those families that seem to go every year, but I think the wait will make it all the more special.
Post a Comment