Mondays - 9am to 12am
Tuesdays - 9am to 12am
Wednesdays - 9am to 5pm
(This is the one night that he has promised me that he will come home for dinner, and now Alyse's swim lessons.)
Thursdays - 6am to 9pm
Fridays - 6am to 1am
(We do get to see him this day too because we meet him for lunch every week.)
Saturdays - HOME!
Sundays - Every Sunday is different, but he usually starts his day at 7am. He gets home around 3pm and sometimes has to leave around 5pm. If so, he will usually be home for the night at 8ish.
That is a very long week for both of us.
We miss him when he is gone.
Because he misses Alyse so much, he always gets up with her in the morning so he can snuggle and play with her. However, since she gets up between 7:30 and 8, he still only gets to spend a few minutes with her each morning.
He is also very good about taking nights off when I ask him to. He tries his best to be there for birthdays, holidays, special things for Alyse, church things, etc.... but he can't always make everything.
I am so thankful that he works so hard to provide for our family. I know that there are times that he just wants to come home, take off that vest, gun, and other equipment, and get into bed. I also know that he misses both Alyse and I. (And we miss him too!)
Hopefully it won't always be this way, but for now, Alyse and I are just going to enjoy the time that we do get to spend with him.
7 comments:
He works 77 hours a week!!!!! HOLY COW!!!
The department schedule here is 4on, 4off. 6a-6p for two days, the immediately flipflop to 6p-6a for two nights.
Detectives is SWEEEEET, as it's M-F 8-5 week 1, then M-TH 8-6 week 2, repeat. Weekends OFF!!!! Which is a first after the first 22 years of marriage. HURRRAY!!!!
Anyway, tell him to cut back to 40 or 50!
Well... I should clarify that Sundays are for our church. He does security. So, he really is working more like 65 to 70 hrs.
He didnt use to work that much overtime but when I started to stay home he picked up a few regular overtime jobs. (That is the Thurs and Fri mornings.)
That also includes his court day (Which are usually Weds unless he has a Federal Court day which can be any day of the week.)
When he was on patrol he didn't work that much either. He worked 3rd shift, which was 1pm till 11pm. With 2 days off.
Now that he is on a specialized team he works longer hours, but he does get holidays and weekends off now. So that is good.
Fauxhawk (FH) has a very similar shift to Meadowlark's man, and he's hoping to go detective in the next few years, but to be honest with you, I've finally gotten use to the 4 days on, 4 days off schedule! It allows me to force myself to be patient that I don't see him on his 4 days on so that I can take full advantage of the days off. I don't think I could handle the set shift that your hubby has. You're a strong woman!
My gosh Stephanie! It sounds like it's pretty much just you and Alyse most of the time! I bet that is really tough. I find Dustin's schedule of two days a week 10-8 to difficult!
wow, he stays busy, which keeps you busy too!!!
i find it so sweet that he does so much to provide for you and your precious alyse
:)
WOW! He works so much! I can relate that my husband misses some holidays or special events...it's no fun :( It took 7 years for him to get weekends off. I am enjoying that this year :)
Wow, that's a lot of hours! I admire you guys for making the best of a not-so-good work schedule and having a positive attitude about it!
Post a Comment