Do you ever have those days when you think to yourself, "Yep, I'm a mom!"?
Things happen to you that only a mother would understand.
Lately I have had a lot of these moments.
I decided it might be fun to share them with you.
You know you're a mom when.....
* you look down and find corn flakes stuck to your shirt
* you say the words "We don't _(fill in the blank)_!"
* your Bible has a smear of chocolate across the page from where a little hand interrupted your Bible study
* you wish that the baby monitor had a snooze button
* your child has taken two baths today, but you haven't showered in two days
* you call your husband "Daddy".
* you can quote lines from cartoons/movies that you have seen over and over
* you can also recite the lines from books before you even turn the page
* you don't go to the restroom - you go to "The Potty" (and it is a privilege to go by yourself!)
* you plan your day around nap time
* your grocery list always includes - apple juice, macaroni and cheese, peanut butter, milk, and chicken nuggets
* you don't "bribe" your child, you "give them rewards" for not embarrassing you in a store/church/family gathering
* you feel like you have slept in if it is past 9am
* you believe your child is the cutest, smartest, funniest, most perfect child ever!
* your heart melts when they hug you and say "I love you, Mommy"
If you have some of your own "Yep, I am a mom" moments. Please add your post them on your blog and then add them to the Mr. Linky. Then, please link back to this post or add my button to your post.
I would love to see some of your ideas!
7 comments:
This is such a great, great post, Stephanie. Totally made me laugh out loud. I think you and another favorite blogger of mine, Helene, must be channeling one another today.
http://2setsoftwins-helene.blogspot.com/2009/04/14-signs-that-motherhood-has-swallowed.html
I love it when my favorite people have similar thoughts on motherhood. Very good times for their readers. :)
-Francesca
Stephanie, I saw your comment on my blog and had to rush over here!! I think your list is hilarious!!!!! I was nodding my head the whole time, esp about the grocery shopping list! My shopping trip is just not complete unless I have all those things in the cart!
Looks like we definitely do think alike....even right down to the backgrounds on our black...love the whole black polka-dots on the white background!
Thanks for stopping by! I'll be back for sure!
Steph. this is the so cute, I love it. I showed it to Pastor Ryan who has two little ones and he agreed.
Love Mom
Oh this was fantastic! I do so many of those things and I am totally going to have to write a post about it at some point but alas nap time is almost over. ;)
Popped over from Helene's.
such a fun idea from such a fun friend!!!
This is fun! I can definitely relate to these. I will have to think of some to add.
I especially like the snooze button for the baby monitors.
My son actually calls my husband "Hon" because that's what I called him. I guess that's what I get for not calling him "Daddy," so see? There ARE benefits! I'll be posting this on my Playgroup blog so more mommies can see!
Post a Comment