One of the reasons that I am challenging myself to do this is because I am finishing up a Bible Study that I started awhile ago about Daniel. (So I started this Bible study in October.... however things started to get a little hectic around then and I am just getting back into it... I know excuses, excuses!!!) As part of it, Beth Moore suggested that we pick one "Earthly Riches" that we would be willing to give up for 10 days just like Daniel did not eat from the king's table for 10 days.
Now back in August/September I actually participated in the Daniel Fast that we did at Elevation. (For those of you that don't know what the Daniel Fast is, just know that I lived on strawberries, water, pecans, and green beans for almost a month! Which doesn't sound bad, but wait until you do it for a few days. You will start to miss things like meat (chicken and beef for me), cheese, breads, etc.
However, one of the things that I missed the most was Diet Coke. I love my Diet Coke! So, since I am fasting from my trusty sidekick again, I thought that I would re-post one of my blog entries that I wrote during the Daniel Fast.
(Mom, this is for you. Still don't know why you love it so much!)
Ode to Diet Coke
To my long lost love,
Oh, how I miss you!
I miss how you can quench me like nothing else can.
I miss your sweetness and your cool touch.
I see you some times and would love to enjoy some time together, but I can not!
Not yet.
We almost had an accidental run in yesterday, but I remembered our forbidden love and had to resist the temptation.
The time that we have been apart has been very difficult. However, I am glad to tell you that soon we will be together again. We are over half way to our rendezvous time.
I know that our time apart is making me a better person.
I have been able to see the good things in others and feel like I am more spiritually connected because of my time with Daniel, even though he is the one that is keeping us apart.
I do have a little sad news. I think that I am growing apart from you a little. But I think you should be proud of me because I am glad to say that I don't think I will be so attached and clingy to the comfort of you.
But do not fear! I truly do love you and will rush back to you as soon as possible.
Till the eve of September 7th .......
This time we will reunite on April 25th.
I know I can do it! I did it once, I can do it again.
3 comments:
Good for you! I would have to give up Diet Dr. Pepper...but not quite yet! :)
Are you crazy? I thought I was doing good to cut back to only two a day...but giving it up....not this girl!!! However, I am proud of you! Dare to be a Daniel, girl:)
This post reminded me of one of my college roommates my freshman year. She couldn't start her day without a Diet Coke, so I always knew when she was awake because I could hear the pop of the can open and fizz. Ah, memories!
My husband's a Pepsi drinker and has switched to Iced Tea to get off the carbonation. At least it's something!
Post a Comment