~~~~~~~~~~
I had my first trip to the FOP this weekend. (The FOP is the Fraternal Order of Police - for those of you who don't know what that is, it is a hang out place that police officers can go to.) We went for a police families get together. I have to say that I always feel odd at these gatherings. I really only know 3 of the other wives and none of them were there. I spent most of the time sitting in a chair by myself or following Josh around as he talked to people. Kinda awkward.... Then when we left we all smelled like a bar. Lovely!
~~~~~~~~~~
Today we went Uptown for lunch. We ate lunch outside because the weather was beautiful! We then took a little walk through the South End. When we got home I sat and read a book outside while Alyse and Josh played. Such a perfect Saturday afternoon.
~~~~~~~~~~
I have hurt myself numerous times this past week.
First, I fell over the dog. He was sleeping and I totally didn't see him. I tripped and tried to catch myself with my arms, but then he jumped up and ran away so I lost my balance and fell hard onto the ground. I had put my hands down to catch myself so I ended up hurting my wrist pretty bad. It was very swollen.
Then, I was getting out of the car last night and the door slammed shut on my leg. Oh it hurt so bad! I have a beautiful bruise.
The last thing is I was playing with Alyse at Little Gym. I did a roll over for her on the mat and hurt my neck (which has already been sore for about a month.) Hopefully I will not do anything else and will survive the weekend!
~~~~~~~~~~
Over the last few days I have noticed pecans all over my house. On the couch, on the floor in Alyse's room, in my bed.... I had no clue how they were getting everywhere. Then I noticed little Miss Alyse opening the pantry door, standing on her tip toes, grabbing a handful of nuts, and then her and the dog running to find a spot to have a little snack.
~~~~~~~~~~
Alyse is still loving Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. I, however, am seriously over it. I have done the math and figured out that I have watched over 30 hrs of it over the last week! She finally let me put in a different movie. I went with The Happiest Millionaire because I knew that she would like the singing and dancing. She liked it, however it is really long (almost 3 hrs.) When we were watching it I decided to look up the movie online and discovered that it is a true story! Interesting!
Also because of the search for new musicals (which I have to say that I am so glad that my love for musicals was past down to her!) I ordered two more of my favorite movies for her ~ The Original Family Band and Summer Magic. Can't wait till we get them!
~~~~~~~~~~
Josh and I have started watching Southland. I think we like it.....
~~~~~~~~~~
Tonight I was feeling a little overwhelmed with life. Josh could tell that I needed a little break, so he took Alyse out for a little Daddy & Daughter Date. They went and left me home to relax all by myself. I think it was just what I needed, plus seeing the smile on both their faces when they came home was so sweet.
~~~~~~~~~~
Ok, that is it for now. Hope you are all having a great weekend!
3 comments:
Sorry to hear about all the injuries and those work events can be brutal. I am glad that you survived all of it!!! =)
Steph. the best part of this is Alyse and Zeek sharing a snack time together. It just makes me laugh when I think about it.
She brings me pure joy.
Love Grammie
FYI, each Tuesday I participate in a blog "party" called Random Thoughts Tuesday. It's so much fun. It's for all these blog thoughts you have and you can put them in one post. Just like this. LOL
Come check it out tomorrow!
I love that Josh took Alyse out so you could have some "me" time. He's a keeper!
Post a Comment