Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter

This weekend ended up a little differently than I planned, but all in all I have to say that we had a pretty good Easter celebration.

I already shared with you some of what we did on Good Friday.

Saturday, Josh was home in the morning so we dyed some Easter eggs.
(Unfortunately I only have a few pictures because my camera batteries died.)


Later in the afternoon I went and got Alyse from her nap. When I picked her up she felt like she was on fire! I checked her temperature. It was 103.2
(My child always has the highest temperatures when she is sick!)

I knew that she wasn't feeling very well earlier because she was a little clingy and for the past few days her eyes and nose have been very yucky. I though it was just allergies, but she obviously wasn't feeling very well.


We were suppose to go to Elevation's Saturday night Easter service, but little one and I ended up staying home. (However, I heard that service was AWESOME, and I am so sad that I missed it!)

After a very rough night, we got up this morning to get ready to go to church. Alyse looked beautiful in her Easter dress, but I could tell that she still wasn't feeling well even if her temp had dropped to 99.9


All three of us when to service together. I did not want to take Alyse to her class because she was sick so she sat on my lap for the first part of service.

She loved it! Her eyes were glued to the stage as the band played and the break dancer was spinning away. (Yes, I said break dancer!) As we continued to worship she was lifting her hands and worshiping right along with everyone else. When Pastor got up and prayed she said a big "AMEN" as he finished. Then as he began preaching she clapped along with everyone else during parts of the sermon. Eventually she began to get a little chatty. (She was talking to Pastor on stage and then kept pointing him out to her Daddy.) So Josh took her backstage and they went and played while I sat in the service. (No worries, Josh has gone to 6 services this weekend, so he got to hear it all too!)

I didn't get to stay at church as long as I normally do, but I have heard that God has done amazing things this weekend at Elevation. There were 7,900 people in attendance and 740 salvations! (I admit that I am a little sad that I missed out on a lot of it. *Sigh*)

On the way home from church, Alyse and I stopped at the park in our neighborhood and I took a few shots of her in her Easter dress.


After Josh came home we went to check out what the Easter Bunny had left.

She opened her basketful of candy. (Which Daddy will eat most of!)



Then we headed out in the yard for a little Easter egg hunt.
She loved it but you can tell she really wasn't feeling well.


After she found all her eggs, we came inside and she went through them all.
(And had to organize them all by color!)


All the excitement of the day has worn her out though. Right now she is sound asleep and burning up again. (101.9). I hope she feels better soon!


I am disappointed that I never got to take a family picture. We were all coordinated in blues. You can see Alyse's dress that has her initials on it. Josh had on his suit with a light blue tie and I had on a white dress with a blue sweater and blue shoes.
Maybe we will have to do a re-enactment.

2 comments:

Aubrey said...

I'm sorry to hear she wasn't feeling well! She looked so cute though! I love her dress!
We had a lovely day too except for the cold, dreary, rainy weather! LOL

Becca said...

Oh no! I am sorry she wasn't feeling well. She looks to cute in her little blue dresses though!