For 5 years of my life they were a basic part of my college diet. (Well, 4 yrs of college for me and one year of waiting for Josh to graduate.) I would walk or drive to go get me some breadsticks at least 2 to 3 times a week. I loved them!
On Tuesdays it was "Crazy Day" when you could get an order of breadsticks for 99 cents and then get a 64oz Diet Coke for 35 cents. That was a perfect after basketball game dinner for less than $1.50! What could be better!
The year after Josh and I were married, our first house was so close that you could stand at the end of our driveway and see the sign telling you when they were hot and fresh.
Then we moved here to NC. Since then I have often thought about those yummy breadsticks with spicy cheese sauce. However, there aren't any around here. Well, there is one at the airport. And by that I mean in the airport. Terminal B. I know this because every time we fly, no matter where our plane is located, I always go find them. Even if it is 9am and we have to run to go to Terminal A so we won't miss our flight. (Yes, this has happened. More than once.) I have often asked Josh if we could go fly somewhere for the weekend so I could get some breadsticks, but he has not been willing to buy me a ticket yet.
The last time I had them was last August. At the airport.
Well.....while we were driving to the beach and my mom looked over at me and said, "Stephanie, I think I just saw a sign for Noble Romans!" My reply, "Shut up!!! Where? We have to stop!" We took the next exit. Soon I saw the bright neon sign.

8 comments:
That's hilarious! I love that you took pictures to document the occasion! We have a Noble Roman's just around the corner...YUM. :)
You are funny! You do love your Noble Roman's! This is ANOTHER thing that I hate that I missed from last weeks trip :(
Steph. remember when you were pregnant and Dad and I were coming from Kansas to Charlotte for a visit and Dad drove all over Indianapolis and finally found a Noble Romans that would sell him the three large cans of cheese sauce. It didn't help with the bread stick craving but at least the cheese sauce sustained you for a short period. Love Mom
How exciting! I love when "FAVORITE" stuff like that happens!!! We have a place very similar where you buy a bowl of soup for $2 and you get FREE breadsticks...all you want!!! Great !!!
Too funny! I have a favorite food that I drive my family crazy looking for! I totally get it!
Mmmmm...Noble Romans! I haven't had that for years, but it was a favorite when I was a kid. But I've had it only a few times since we moved from Indiana, but it was yummy!
I came across your blog today and just had to say hello. I married my high school sweetie too! So cute!!
I have never heard of this place but it does sound good. Now I really want some breadsticks.
I saw your twitter update. I am so sorry that y'all got in a wreck but I am glad you are okay! I hope you heal soon!
Post a Comment