
This picture was taken on Saturday.
In case you can't read it, it says "Two's aren't terrible. I'm having a blast!"
She may be having a blast, but I, my friends, am not!
The last few days have been pretty rough around here.
Today I was in tears.
I should have worked my frustration out on the elliptical, spent some time with Jesus, or even taking a "Mommy Time-out" in my bed. Instead I spent the 45 minutes that she finally napped taking out all my frustration on the phone yelling at my husband and then grabbing handful after handful of peanut M&Ms.
I think I am really stressing over how she is acting because she really was the easiest baby. A week ago I would have probably gone on and on and tell you about how much of a breeze motherhood has been so far.
Now, I could go on and on about how the last few days has brought me to my knees, both out of exhaustion and to cry out for help!
Then tonight happened...
After bath time I decided that both Alyse and I needed a movie.
We were watching "Winnie the Pooh" and she rolls over to me on the bed, and out of no where said "I love you" in her little baby voice, kissed me, and then snuggled up to me. All the frustration melted away. I hugged her tight and started to get teary eyed again.
As she watched Pooh, I held her and prayed that tomorrow both of us would be better. I prayed that she would choose to listen and obey her mommy. I prayed that I would be slow to anger and that I would be able to guide her in the way that she should go.
A few minutes later she looked at me and said "Bye bye Pooh. Bed. Please."
I was happy to love on her and carry her to bed.
I am also happy that we ended on a good note and that tomorrow is another day.
(Plus I was reminded of how cute and sweet she is!)
Semi Side Note:
I am now going to listen to this again and read my pages of notes that I wrote. God is awesome for having Pastor start this sermon series right when I slipped into a "Parenting Dip". Talk about God's perfect timing! I can not wait to hear the next part on Sunday.
6 comments:
Oh, Sweetie, I know all about those "Mommy time-outs" and when I should have taken them and didn't! But isn't it amazing how one adorable moment can make all of that frustration just melt?! I think that's part of the design. :D
Amen sista! :) I know exactly what you are talking about! We've been having a bad few months though. This has been a hard adjustment with baby #3 for all of us, but especially for the 3 year old boy. I think it's very good to do mommy time-outs and praying. Crying really relieves stress for me. Usually after a good cry and a prayer I can start fresh. I take it way to personally when my kids act bad. I think it's something I'm not doing right. I can tell you're a good mom from what you said and how you handled it.
Thanks guys!
Stephanie - our kids are 6 and 9 and Joe and I are in a parenting dip as well. Like I said on Colleen's blog I think it is time for winter to be over so we can all get outside a little!!!
Hang in there - the great days always out number the rough ones.
There will be bad days. Just breathe and pray. The good days will far out number those bad days and be so worth it!
Hmmm...talk about hitting the terrible two's right on schedule, huh? Those moments are hard, but they always do something to make up for it, and it sounds lik Alyse is no exception! I hope things are going better for you both.
Post a Comment