Friday, March 6, 2009

Date Night.....Sorta

This afternoon I was sitting in a chair at Planet 21 getting my hair cut (pictures to come later) when I looked up and saw a handsome police officer smiling at me.

I was a little confused because Fridays are usually Josh's really long day, but I guess he has worked so much lately that his Sergeant told him yesterday that he was going to send him home early today. He decided to keep it a secret and surprise me.

He informed me that he had talked to my mom (who is staying with us this weekend) and she was going to stay with Alyse so we could go out to eat.

So after my hair was all done, I went home and freshened up my make up and got ready to go on a date night!

Fast forward to a little later in the evening. Josh and I had just arrived at a restaurant and were waiting for a table. To make a long story short there was little drama that happened in the parking lot. (Hit and run...people witnessing it and stopping the driver...etc.) Josh ended up stepping in to help in the situation, called a dispatcher that he knows, getting all the information, and waiting for an on duty officer to arrive to actually file the necessary reports.

While he was doing all that, I was sitting at a table all by myself.

Well, I had my Diet Coke and some chips and queso..... They were good company. (Maybe too good!)

It wasn't all that romantic, but I bet we will remember this (sorta) date night.

No comments: