Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Surprise Snow

When we woke up this morning, Josh came in to report that it had snowed again last night. I didn't even know they were calling for snow. After I read that Alyse's Little Gym class had been cancelled, we decided to go out and play.

I had noticed the last time it snowed that many of my friends had cute pictures of their kids sledding. I told Josh that we should do that too!

One problem... We don't have a sled!
Time to be creative.

What did we come up with?
Well, what could be better than an old cookie sheet with a piece of twine tied to it?

It really did work great. (Good thing she is small enough!)

Here are some pictures





Here is a short video.

Sorry about the very loud "YAY!" in the first few seconds.
Note to self: don't be so loud when holding a recording device!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How totally adorable!!!! My daughter lives in NC also.. She just felt compelled to send me a txt that it was snowing! Like teasing me!
-Dispatcher

Becca said...

We barely got any snow :( Just enough to cover the grass. Looks like she had a lot fun! Good thinking with the sled!