Saturday, February 7, 2009

3 Years

October 7, 2005 - I go to my wonderful friend and fellow teacher, Amy's birthday party at Olive Garden. I some how end up sitting at a table across from a really nice guy, his wife, and their young baby boy. By the end of the meal I had met a room full of these awesome people who had come to Charlotte to start a church. They invited me to come to one of their Sunday night meetings.

October 17, 2005 - I make my way to the Matthews Community Center and sit through my first Elevation "service". I call Josh on my way home and tell him that I really like all these people and I am so excited about the new church that they are starting.

The rest of October 2005 - January 2006 I go on Sunday nights off and on. Josh was working Sundays at the time. When he could he came with me, and he agreed that this seemed like a great church.

February 5, 2006 - Josh and I went to the official Elevation launch service. We sat in folding chairs in the Atrium of Providence High School surrounded by pipe and drape.

Now lets fast forward three years.......

Fast forward past handing out flyer after flyer
Fast forward past putting together eggs and then watching them drop
Fast forward past baptisms in the pool.
Fast forward past our first small group
Fast forward past moving to the Levine Center for worship
Fast forward past Josh working all night and then going right to church for setup
Fast forward past Josh helping with security
Fast forward past Josh being asked to be part of the Sunday morning team.
Fast forward past more and more people starting to come and us getting so excited every week
Fast forward past me telling everyone that I am expecting a new little Elevator
Fast forward past us back at Providence High School
Fast forward past the day that over a 1000 people were spontaneously baptised and it rained on stage
Fast forward past me (and Alyse in my stomach) jumping up in down leading worship in Ekids
Fast forward past me (and Alyse in my stomach) thinking that I am going to go into labor at "The Sound" recording
Fast forward past me waiting in a hospital room with a new born little girl waiting for Josh to get back from church so we could go home
Fast forward past me starting my new role of taking care of the staff families
Fast forward past me spending many days in the office organizing, or running here and there to pick up things
Fast forward many lunch runs
Fast forward many baby showers
Fast forward many play groups
Fast forward past Dominate time
Fast forward past more baptisms
Fast forward past wonderful sermon series
Fast forward past a new CD
Fast forward past more and more people
Fast forward past more salvations
Fast forward past praise and worship nights
Fast forward past new locations and more service times
Fast forward past Catalyst
Fast forward past Uptown Christmas
Fast forward past babysitters
Fast forward past gift cards
Fast forward past hugs
Fast forward past wonderful friends
Fast forward past laughing
Fast forward past crying
Fast forward past worshiping
Fast forward past so many moments of "Wow! God is AMAZING!"
Fast forward past so many times of saying "I love my church!"
Fast forward past ........ (the list could go on and on!)

February 7, 2009 - We celebrated all that He has done at Elevation Church. We gave Him all the glory! We heard from and honored our wonderful Pastor and his wife. We clapped and sang. And we all know that this is just the beginning.

The best is yet to come!


1 comment:

Ang said...

Thats so great! Your church sounds amazing. Ive heard a couple sermons online! Good stuff. I wish we lived closer :(