Monday, January 26, 2009

Was Blind But Now I See

Went to the see the eye doctor today. Let's discuss.....

First of all, am I the only one who gets all uncomfortable at the eye doctor? Seriously, you are locked in a dark room with a man you have only met a few times. Plus he is sitting inches away from you looking deep into your eyes.

Which leads me to the discussion of why would you want to be an optometrist? I always wonder that. I also wonder why people would want to be a dentist and look in people's mouths all day? That would be my worst nightmare

But I digress.... back to the point.

Am I the only one who gets all stressed out about the Eye Exam? When they ask me to cover one eye and then read the letters I get all nervous and feel like such a loser if I can't see them.....I have never been a good test taker.

Then he goes into this whole thing about how I have these special contacts made out of such and such material because of my "eye condition". (I apparently have a case of "chronic conjunctivitis" which basically means they are sensitive and have a lot of buildup. I know you are so glad that I just shared that with you...) He also prescribed me these wonderful eye drops that are $40 for a bottle that is like the size of my thumb that I have to use 2 times a day. Great!

Finally they hit me with the office charge of $80 and then the $148 charge for my contacts (which is the 20% that my insurance did not cover.) Hello! How much were these contacts?!

Looking on the good side - I can now see really well. These contacts are so clean! I am also hoping they will help get rid of the headaches that I've been having.

However, I have to say that I would have rather used my baby free time and $270 to go on a trip,to a spa, or shopping....

No comments: