In my search, I was looking for 3 things:
1. Blogs that made me laugh or think "How cute!"
2. Fellow Christian mommies/ladies that would be an uplift for my day
3. Cop/cop wife blogs
The first two were really easy to come across.
(There are lots of cute blogs out there!)
The last one was more of a task.
It is funny because a lot of the blogs I came across were either
1. An emotional mess! ... I fear every night I am laying in my bed that tonight is the night I will get the phone call that my husband is dead and not coming home. My husband will be gone forever and my children will be fatherless......
(SO can not handle that!)
2. The world of being a cop/cop's wife has left me with a horrible outlook on life, I have no morals, I swear, drink, talk about sex, and really I'm just a crass person.... (Can't handle that either! Plus I think it is so sad!)
Anyway, to get to the point!
I did find a few Law Enforcement blogs that I have liked.
One of the blogs had two post that I found very interesting.
I thought I would share them with you.
First, click here and watch the short clip.
Second, click here and see "the rest of the story"
I found this so interesting. When I first watched them, I was thinking. "Um......" But then reading the explanations I was thinking, "Well, that makes sense."
Josh and I have had lots of conversations about these kinds of things and what he would do if something like that ever happened to him. I know that Josh is a great cop, so he would make wise choices. I also know that he will do whatever he had to do to come home to me and Alyse. I trust that he will do the right thing. And, yes, it makes me a little nervous, but I know that God is there with him (and with me and Alyse if something does happen.)
I hope that you too found this interesting. I know that it is so hard to see a cop's view sometimes. I have heard people jump to conclusions....(I got that speeding ticket because there is a quota. ..... That guy was such a jerk! .... Did you see that piece on the news about how the cops did nothing about that? .... I call 911 once and it took them forever to get there! .... Why do cops always act like they are so tough? ....etc) But please know that (yes, even though not all cops are nice, great guys) they really are doing their job to serve and protect.
PS - I'm not going to get into the whole "media" thing. The only thing that I will say is that I do love this reporter. :)
3 comments:
Thank you for the kind words about my blog! I'm glad you enjoy it. -The Roanoke Cop
I agree, I really like his blog too. And, by the way, thanks for your nice comment over at my blog! Also, I don't like the types on your list either, #1, or #2, although I sometimes have been known to talk about sex. :-)
I agree also with #1 and #2! I also believe that all cops wives should do a sit-a-long with the dispatcher's in your officers center, to see just how serious we are about protecting them and keeping them safe so they come home to you!
I also, as a wife like doing ride-a-long not only with my officer but I ask him to set me up with someone he trust's me with! I prefer a female officer for the main fact that I vowed to him that I wouldn't be alone with another man. To honor him. Luckily for us we have awesome women officer's that love to let me ride with em every so often. But watch em.. and what they're looking at and for. They really are safety first.. it's comforting at night to know he's surrounded by a bunch of well trained officers. Hmmm I should blog about that.. haha.. Sorry for rambling.. Just remember that God made your husband to do this job and protect His people. Romans 13:4.
-Dispatcher
Post a Comment