Alyse decided that this year's theme for Halloween was going to be Wizard of Oz. She wanted Breeley to be Dorthy and for her to be Glinda the Good Witch.
She actually decided this earlier this year and it became official when I found some wigs on sale for like $4 this summer.
I think that they looked super cute!
Our first Halloween event was to go with friends to Trunk or Treat at our Elevation Matthews location on Saturday night.
There was food, games, face painting, and of course candy.
Sunday we decorated our pumpkins.
First was their Princess Pumpkin Head
Alyse decided that she wanted a normal jack o'lantern. She did all the work (except cutting, Josh did that). She pulled out all the seeds and drew the face herself.
Breeley's white pumpkin became Cinderella's carriage with some modge podge and glitter.
On Monday we had our own little Halloween party with some of our homeschool friends.
We did some crafts, played some games, learned about how pumpkins grow, and planted pumpkin seeds.
Tuesday the girls and I made some pumpkin crafts and baked some yummy Halloween treats.
(Halloween "Candy & Corn" - popcorn, Oreos, marshmallows, M&Ms, candy melts-melted, mix together. Let cool on wax paper. Break apart and enjoy)
(Halloween funfetti cake "Pumpkin cake balls" - the steam is a chocolate chip with green icing as a leaf.)
Wednesday was finally Halloween.
Alyse was very upset that Josh and I had not dressed up. (When we first planned on the Wizard of Oz theme, she had requested that Ellie, the dog, be the lion, I was suppose to be the scarecrow, and Josh was suppose to be the tin man.) Right before we took off for Trick or Treating Josh threw on his college basketball coat to become a basketball player. I still needed a costume so I put on Josh's letterman jacket for high school to become a high school girl. Plus the coat is orange and black so it went with the Halloween theme.
After going through all our candy we settled in for a movie.
It was a very Happy Halloween week.

1 comment:
Sounds like a fun time! The girls looked so cute!!
Post a Comment