Let's rewind back a month to the first week of September.
You may know that the DNC - Democratic National Convention, was held here in Charlotte. For months we have been preparing for this. Josh had a ton of extra training and I did a ton of extra praying. I knew that Josh was basically going to be gone for days and there was tons of rumors of lots of drama, but we really didn't know what to expect. Josh was chosen to be on a team were basically he was in riot gear. There was a lot of training and the demand of the job was going to be huge that week.
I did some research and put together a list of suggested items to have available and the girls and I created a care package surprise for Josh to have with him. It included new Under Armor type shirts, socks, etc. toiletries, snacks, a fan, baby wipes, sun screen, first aid kit, energy drinks, hand sanitizer, etc. We also included some pictures, notes, and Bible verses.
Josh's hours were very long for 12 days.
We saw him 2 times in those 12 days. Once for dinner and once for a few minutes before he was off to work and we were off to church. Then it was 7 days of not seeing him at all.
He helped to escort both Bill Clinton (see picture) and Michelle Obama.
He also did a lot of standing guard in his riot gear as the protesters were on their "parades".
There was also some searches and a lot of sitting in a van and a parking garage waiting on being called to action.
The whole thing really wasn't as bad as I was expecting it to be.
It wasn't the easiest week but we got through it.



1 comment:
Wow! I'm sure that was a rough week physically and emotionally! So glad Josh made it through it safely!
Post a Comment