1- We started the month of July on a weekend at the beach. Breeley took a little nap snuggled up on her Daddy's lap.
2 - Our Pastor, Steven Furtick, spoke this year at the Hillsong Conference in Australia. Our whole family gathered around the computer to pray for him and then Josh and I watch him preach. Amazing!
3- Josh's mom was in town. We went out and met him for dinner.
4 - Happy 4th of July
5- Again we went with Josh's mom and sister to meet Josh. We went uptown, which is one of Alyse's favorite things to do.
6 - There is a new movie theater that opened up right across from our neighborhood. This was opening weekend so we decided to go get some free popcorn and took the girls to see Brave. Breeley was a fan! A month later she is still talking about it.
7 - Family day at the pool. I am a little bit of a nervous mother at the pool. Josh sent me away to a chair with a book.
8 - Date night at Carowinds. This was our first time not at the water park or kid's area. Josh was happy to ride some actual roller coasters.
9 - My mom finally came home from Canada. (She has been there off and on since January. She had not been home since we got back from Disney in April.) My Dad had to actually go get her because she fell and broke her foot. When she got home I took the girls to Raleigh to go help take care of her, the house, and make some meals. My girls really like her crutches. Actually, that week Alyse could not remember the word crutches so she kept making up names for them. Her most common name for them was "bow whackers"... not sure why.
10- Alyse helping me dust my parent's house.
11 - Coming home. I had a horrible car day! My car wouldn't start. It was the battery but my Dad and I could not get it going. It was pouring down rain and we were both soaked and frustrated. Finally I took my parents car (which had a broken windshield wiper) and Breeley and I headed home. (Alyse stayed to go to a kids church event at my parent's church.) Long day!
12 - Breeley loves Bubba. Bubba kinda likes Breeley.
13 - I have decided that I am going to home school Alyse this year for Kindergarten. There was a big book fair that they have ever year at a local church. Some of my friends who are also homeschooling and I went and bought some curriculum. Most was mailed to me, but this is what I brought home that day.
14 - Princess Breeley and I having a tea party.
15 - Breeley insisted on wearing my high heeled shoes to church. One was red, the other was blue with polka dots. They both were the right foot. It started with her wearing them while I got ready. Then she wanted to wear them in the car. Then she wanted to wear them to see Josh backstage. Finally I just let her wear them to eKidz. It wasn't worth the fight of trying to get them off of her.
16 - Alyse went to another VBS at the church of the school that I use to teach at. When I told her that she insisted that I show her my old classroom.
17 - Alyse could not wait any longer, she wanted to start some school work. We have not officially started Kindergarten curriculum yet, but I did get "Explode the Code" at the book fair so we started that. It is letter recognition and beginning sounds. She loves doing school work.
18 - The girls were watching a movie as I worked on cleaning. I came out to get Breeley to put her down for her nap. Alyse told me she was sleepy so she had made her a bed and tucked her into an empty toy bin. She was very upset when I took her out to put her in her actual crib. I guess I should have left her in her little mini crib.
19 - Breeley loves to brush her teeth. I have been working on cleaning out some stuff. When I pulled out all of Breeley's toothbrushes, she had 6 of them. I let her use them all 1 last time and then threw them out and opened a new one that was still in the package.
20 - We had the live recording for Elevation Worship's new album. I love nights of worship like that! While Josh and I were there my parents took the girls to a Go Fish concert.
21 - While the girls and I were driving home from our church responsibilities on Saturday night there was a rainbow. Alyse said to me, "Look at the beautiful rainbow, Mommy. That shows us that God's promises are true. And, on the other side of the rainbow is the Wizard of Oz".
22 - 3 girls, 3 pairs of red shoes to wear to church
23- A day at home. Play dough fun for the girls. Then cleaning for me.
24 - Alyse wanted to exercise on my elliptical.
25 - Breeley and Ellie shared some breakfast.
26 - When summer started Breeley was not really a big fan of playing in our baby pool. She would stand at the side and would not get wet without crying. She refused to get in. Now, she is sliding down the slide and splashes away.
27 - Olympics! I love the Olympics. They have been on basically non stop at our house.
28 - Josh's day at the race track.
29 - We had dinner with my parents and my sister and her family. Breeley sang "Jesus Loves Me" the whole way home.
30 - I wanted to put together some Olympic themed lessons for Alyse. I some great things online. I spent 2 days researching off and on and deciding what I was going to do. Then I spent 7hrs this day organizing and preparing. Alyse begged me to give her things to do. I gave her 3 things that I knew she could do by herself. She was done with them in less than 20mins and was begging for more. I am glad that she likes them but I am not sure if I am going to be able to keep up with her!
31- 2 sleeping girls. Well, 3 if you count the dog. Really I forgot to take a picture during the day, but sleeping children always makes for a good picture.


No comments:
Post a Comment