Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter Sunday

The Easter Bunny came to visit late on Saturday night.
(She was a little alone in her prep this year so it turned into a late night.)

The Easter Bunny also decided that she wanted to make new pails for the girls this year.
I think they turned out pretty cute.


She also left behind some powdery foot prints.

The next morning I hardly got a picture before they started pulling everything out.

We had some breakfast and rushed to get ready for church, but I tried to get a few Easter outfit pictures before we left.




We went to 2 fabulous services.  It really was probably my favorite Easter we have had at Elevation.  I am not sure of the exact numbers but I know there were over 21,000 people and I believe about 1,500 salvations.  Amazing!  Also, our Pastor (Steven Furtick) had gone to Israel and recorded parts of his sermon at the Garden of Gethsemane, the place they believe were Christ was crucified, and also the tomb they believe was Jesus's tomb.  He also walked the Road to Emmaus.  It was beautiful and so powerful! 

The girls also had a great time.  Alyse told me all about how she learned about Jesus loving her and dying on the cross for her.  I love to hear her talk about what she learns in eKids.
She also was excited about the baby chicks.
(We were able to go show them to Breeley while the chicks were taking a little break.)

We knew that Josh was going to be at the church for all the services, and he didn't want to miss their egg hunt, so we took our eggs to church with us.

Between some of the services Josh went out and hid some eggs in a private little area by the church..  I went to get the girls and we did our egg hunt.






We then took a few pictures.
Alyse let me take a pretty one of her, but Breeley was much more worried about the eggs.


These are the best that I got of the 2 of them together.


My friend Christy took a family picture for us.

Breeley was very sleepy on the way home

But she woke up to go check out what was in those eggs they searched for.

We then finished the day watching some movies and eating some treats.
(My girls have officially fallen in love with the movie "Enchanted".)

It was a fabulous Easter Sunday.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a great day!! I am so jealous of that message he gave! Go Stephen Furtick !! The girls are adorable, so sweet! I didn't get a pic before my littles pulled all their stuff out!