I didn't have a cute outfit for the girls to wear. They didn't even have green at all! I had to pull out some green dress up necklaces for them to wear. There were no crafts, decorations, nothing fun at all.
We have watched the Veggietales St Patrick's short in the past but I never showed it to the girls this year.
I also saw a cute rainbow craft that I was going to do with them. You did the craft and left it on a bedroom door or window. At some point I was going to put some chocolate coins below it. Never happened!
The only thing I did have ready was breakfast. I bought some Lucky Charms and was going to use food coloring to make green milk. But... Josh took the girls in the morning and said he would get them ready for breakfast. By the time I got out there he had given them something else. I couldn't be mad. I never really told him my plan.
After all of that I went to my trusty Pinterest page and remembered I had pinned this recipe. So this is our only thing we did to celebrate.
Chocolate Mint Oreo Cookies
ingredients:
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup Hershey's Special Dark Cocoa
1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup light brown sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups mint green chips (I used a bag of premixed chocolate and mint chips by Nestlé)
1 cup chopped Cool Mint Oreo cookies
directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment
2. In a medium bowl, sift flour, baking soda, salt, and cocoa. Set aside.
3. With a mixer, cream butter and sugars together until smooth. Add in eggs, one at a time. Next, add in vanilla extract. Mix until blended.
4. Slowly add flour mixture to sugar mixture and mix until flour disappears. Stir in chocolate chips, mint green chips, and chopped Cool Mint Oreos. Drop cookie dough by rounded tablespoons onto prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart.
5. Bake cookies for 10 minutes, or until the cookies are set around the edges, but still soft in the center. Don't over bake. Remove from oven and let sit on baking sheet for 3-5 minutes. Move to a cooling rack and cool completely.
They are pretty tasty. Josh really likes them.
No comments:
Post a Comment