Wednesday, December 21, 2011

For We Need A Little Christmas

If you know me, you know that I love Christmas decorations.
I love how my house "glows" at Christmas time.  It makes me so happy.
Here is a little Christmasy tour.

First is our entry way. 
I made both the wreaths you see below and the ribbon garland that is on the tree on the right.

Our dining room is all gift themed.
The smaller tree in the middle picture below is a 12 days of Christmas tree.

Our family room is my favorite room.
It is mainly polka dot and Santa themed.
Yes, there are 2 trees in that room.
The Santa one is 6ft.  The big polka dot tree is 12ft.


Next is our kitchen.
It has a lot of our crafty stuff in it and "random" decorations.
The tree in there is our "family tree".  It has all of our ornaments that Alyse has made, baby's first Christmas, from both Josh and my childhood, college, church, etc.



*Those glittered houses were my big craft project for this year.  3 of the houses from my snow village were broken when I opened the box.  Sadness!!  So, I got crafty and made my own glittered houses and trees.  I ended up loving them!

In the hallway is a police tree.  Josh loves how every year I steal his hat for the top. :)

A friend of mine made fun of me that I decorate our bathrooms, but I believe every room has to be Christmasfied!


Finally the girls rooms and our bedroom.

Breeley's room is purple so her tree is purple and silver.
She also loves the singing snowmen that my Dad gets for both the girls. 


Alyse has a lot of decorations in her room.
These are the ones that I put in there.  The rest are her random touches. :)

Our tree is black and silver.
There are also a number of silver candles around the room.


*By the way - if you were counting that is 11 trees in my little house.
1 - 12 ft
1 - live 8 ft
7 - 6 ft
2 - 4ft

I hope you enjoyed our little bit of Christmas.

4 comments:

kristin said...

I LOVE your house!! I am the same way, I HAVE to put at least a little bit of christmas into every room. I love the glow of the christmas lights and i think its one of the saddest things to take them down. It feels so bare and blah without the tree and my village!

Unknown said...

Wow, awesome job!! I love how Alyse's dollhouse has a wreath on it, too cute!

Kelly said...

I always love seeing your trees! You have so much crafty talent! How long does it usually take you to put up/take down your decorations? Merry Christmas!!

Mindy said...

That is a lot of trees. wow! impressive! =)