I have been way too busy with a project that I thought was going to be so easy and cute. But of course plans don't always go the way you expect them too.
Here is the story:
I wanted to make the girls something to wear for Thanksgiving. I was thinking some cute turkey shirts and maybe a skirt to go with it. I got some plain white shirts and then hit up Hobby Lobby. I picked 8 different fabrics to make my turkeys. I asked the lady to cut 1/2 yard of each of them, but then left her with the fabric as I took Alyse to the bathroom because she could not wait anymore. When we got back from our side trip, the lady had cut a yard of each fabric. I told her that was fine and I was sure that I would use it, plus I would rather have too much fabric then not enough. That night I put the girls to bed, cut out my turkey's feathers and started cutting all the fabric into 2 inch strips in order to make some cute "scrap fabric tutus". The next day I started to actually work on the tutus. That's when I realized that I am horrible at math! (Actually I already knew it but it became very apparent!)
Long story short I have made 10 of these outfits:
Here is a close up:
Cute huh?
Love them!
The skirt became a little more work than I expected, but I really do love it. Under the layer with the strips of fabric is 4 layers of tulle and then it is lined in white. I didn't want it to be see thru at all. After Thanksgiving it could easily be worn.
Here's the thing - Does anyone want to buy a skirt? Or a shirt?
I have one skirt that is ready to go. I am guessing it would be about a 12m skirt. The band is elastic so it would stretch out, but it also has the ribbon that is kinda like a draw string if it was too big.
I also have enough material I am guessing to make 3 more.
I talked to a friend who sells handmade clothing and also divided up the cost of all the materials and decided to sell them for $15 for the skirt and $15 for the shirt.
If you are interested in them please let me know asap. You can comment or email me at stephanievanalmen@hotmail.com
All this to have 2 cute little turkeys.
1 comment:
So cute! If my computer didn't die last week, I totally would have ordered them, but since Turkey day is close, maybe next year :) Great job!!
Post a Comment