Thursday, August 25, 2011

Happy (not exciting) birthday to you

Yesterday we celebrated a birthday.
Josh turned 30. 
(I really can't believe that we are in our 30s now!!!)

I had big plans.
I wanted to throw him a party - he said no.
I wanted to go on a big trip to celebrate both our birthdays - he said no.
I had 2 big presents that I wanted to get - neither worked out.
I went to the store to buy him a last minute present - (and this is embarrassing) my credit card was declined.  (Long story short - we had a store card that got messed up online.  They sent us a new one with a new number.  In order to save money and not use it, we have not activated the new one.  I forgot and still had the old one in my wallet.)
I usually bake him something yummy - I have been trying to diet really hard before we go to the beach in a few weeks and haven't baked anything.

I was starting to feel like a horrible wife!

However, Alyse and I decided we would hit up the party store and get some decorations.



When he got home we yelled "Surprise" 
(He went to work, but came home early.  I begged him to stay home but he had court.)

We were going to go out for dinner but there were 2 little girls who were really not in a going out mood so I threw some dinner together.

Then I ran and got an ice cream cake at the store.


(When I took it out of the box the whole side was messed up.  Josh and I joked that it was the big earthquake from the other day that shook it around in the box.)

Nothing seemed to go as planned, but we did have a lot of family fun.

Happy Birthday Daddy!
We love you!

No comments: