Monday, April 18, 2011

365.15

Project 365
Week 15

Monday, April 11th
While Breeley was napping, Alyse and I built a fort.  She played in it all evening.

Tuesday, April 12th
I caught this pic of Breeley and thought it was funny.

Wednesday, April 13th
Wednesday was not one of my best days.  Josh walked in the door and I told him "Welcome home.  The girls are almost done with dinner.  Your dinner is in the oven.  I am going to lay down." and walked to my bedroom.  It was just one of those days.... 
When I came back out a little bit later Josh had taken the high chair outside to hose it down.  He also cleaned the whole kitchen and helped tidy up a bunch of other stuff.  He doesn't do things exactly how I would do them sometimes, but I am so blessed that I have a husband who helps me and lets me take a little bit of time when I need it!

Thursday, April 14th
I unfortunately went to a funeral earlier in the day for our very close friend's mother/grandmother.  After that I rushed to meet Josh and the girls at a Easter party.  Here is Miss Alyse with her gift basket.

Friday, April 15th
Family Day!
Josh took the day off and we surprised Alyse with a trip to the zoo.  (More on that tomorrow.)  Afterwards we went out for dinner and put Breeley to bed.  We then let Alyse make a little bed on our floor and we watched a movie together. 
I loved Friday!

Saturday, April 16th
We went and celebrated my nephew, Jordan's 1st birthday. 
We gave him a police car.

Sunday, April 17th
This was a pretty amazing day.  It was another day that I walked away from church and thought "Wow!  Thank you God that I get to be a part of Elevation Church and everything that you are doing!"
At church this weekend, it was planned that there were going to be 10 baptisms in 4 services, so 40 people.
I was at the 11:15am service at Blakeney.  After the 10 baptisms, our pastor - Pastor Steven Furtick, got up and said that he had noticed that 8 of those baptised were women.  He said that he had been praying that there were some men of God who wanted to take a bold step that day and be baptised  right there and then.  He asked 5 men to make that decision as a song was played.
Before we knew it, a line that surrounded the room had been formed and 135 walked (and some even left other locations and drove to the Matthews campus) to be a part of the spontaneous baptisms.
The 40 people for the weekend turned into 203 people.
God moved!
Picture taken by Sean Lyon

No comments: