Oh excuse me
I've wanted to tell you about our Thanksgiving, but I haven't been feeling very well the last few days.
I have spent most of my time lately blowing my nose and laying in my bed. I have also been taking care of a sick Breeley. I am starting to feel better, but Breeley isn't quite back to normal yet.
Ok, onto Thanksgiving 2010..
We made our way up to Grammy and Papa's house on Wed. My sister and her family were there too. When we got up on Thursday morning I had a ton of activities planned to celebrate the day.
First we did a little mini lesson on Pilgrims with coloring sheets and fun worksheets.
Then it was time to watch the parade and play with cousin Jordan while my mom and I made breakfast.
I was in charge of pancakes and decided to make "turkey" pancakes
| Dear blogger, why won't you let me turn this picture?! |
We made turkeys out of potatoes
Played some Thanksgiving Bingo
And Pin The Feather On The Turkey
Soon after Danielle's family had to go but our celebration continued with a little football aka - nap time.
Then it was time to set the table
And get dressed.
The girls did not have matching outfits, but B is wearing a dress that my Grandma made for me and I wore when I was a baby.
After dinner we started a new family tradition.
I cut out a number of leaves. We all took a few and wrote down what we were thankful for. After I punched a hole in the bottom and tied them onto a piece of ribbon.
I love it!
Alyse did a great job with this too.
I asked her 3 things that she was thankful for...
She said Home, Friends, and Toys.
So now that Thanksgiving is done we can officially start the Christmas season. Yay!
Alyse is very excited about that. In fact right after dinner she asked me if it was time to put on her Christmas jammies. Christmas and jammies - Things that make both of us happy.
1 comment:
Ahhhh! There is soooo much goodness in this post and in the last one! I was having trouble making Thanksgiving fun this year for my kids but I think I have found everything I am looking for right here!
The chocolate chip pie is going to get made, um, tonight. Sounds like something my husband would devour.
Baby Jordan is SUPER precious and your little girls get prettier and prettier all the time! It looks like you are having so much fun with them.
You are always an inspiration! And I know you are going to post your amazing Christmas things again and can't wait to see all you do this year!
Post a Comment