Yes, I steal things.
Boots to be exact.
The other day I went to Target to buy Alyse a pair of boots along with some other stuff. After a nice shopping trip, we made our way to the car. Alyse had the bag with our things and asked to put it in the back with her. I pulled her out, bag and all, lifted her into the car, and then buckled her. When I pulled Breeley out of the cart and put her in Alyse said, "Mommy, I dropped my boots." I picked them up from the buggy and handed them to her.
Everything was normal about that.
Later I started to put some of our purchases away.
I looked over the reciept.
There were no boots on there...
Somehow I stole $17.99 pink boots.
Of course I felt guilty.
I called Josh and confessed.
He called me a clepto and told me he was going to arrest me.
Soon after I packed up the boots and the girls and drove back to Target. I went in and told them that I needed to pay for the boots because they somehow got home without me actually purchasing them. The lady at the desk said, "You are so honest! I can't believe you actually came back and offered to pay for them." She then asked the other lady who was at customer service if it was ok if she just gave me the boots. The other lady said that she thought that would be fine.
I guess it does pay to be honest.
In our case honesty was worth $17.99
2 comments:
oh too funny! that was so sweet of them to give them to you.
Wow! How nice!! I would feel bad, too!!
Post a Comment