Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Fall = Baking, Crafting, Decorating

Last week I wrote on twitter that I think fall makes me feel very domestic.
I always start baking and crafting like crazy.
So here are a few examples of what I've been working on the past week or so.

Baking -
I used the apples we picked last weekend and made some of The Pioneer Woman's apple dumplings.
I also make some pumpkin bread (recipe by our Pastor's wife, Holly Furtick.)

Pumpkin Bread
•3 1/3 cup all purpose flour
•3 cups sugar
•2 tsp baking soda
•1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
•1 1/2 tsp salt
•1 tsp nutmeg
•2/3 cup water
•1 cup vegetable oil
•4 eggs
•1 (15 oz) can pumpkin


Mix everything together, add flour gradually at the end.
Pour into 3 greased 9 x5 loaf pans (or substitute 3 mini loafs for one of the large loaf pans). Bake at 350 for 50 minutes to an hour (less time if using mini loaves).
Hint: I like to dust the pan with cinnamon/sugar mixture after greasing to give the crust extra sweetness.
* I also add pecans whenever I make it.

Crafting -
Wreath for our front door
(I can't find the one from last year.  So I threw this together really fast.)
Pumpkins for our mantle


Alyse and I made glitter pumpkins
Mine

Hers

Alyse also painted (and then had to add glitter too) her own pumpkin

I also made Halloween tutus for the girls to wear.

Breeley wasn't so sure about hers....

I made these flowers for me to wear.
I sewed one onto a string of beads I found in my closet.

This one I think I am going to make a pin out of. 
(I sewed one onto a sweater and it didn't wash/dry very well.  A pin I can take on and off and also switch around onto shirts and sweaters.)

I started to make this wreath, which I am loving, but it is taking a lot more ribbon than I planned on.  I have now gone to 4 craft stores looking for that orange polka dot ribbon and I can't find any more.  Hopefully Hobby Lobby will restock soon and I can finish it before it is time to put my fall decorations away!

Decorating -
Here are a few more little touches of fall that are around our house:

Those are the apples we picked.  I told Josh that I want to leave them in those bowls cause they are so pretty and if he wants any apple foods then I will just buy some at the grocery store.  He didn't like that idea.

BTW: That is my Pastor's book - SUN STAND STILL.  If you haven't gotten yourself a copy, you really should!!!




So that is what I've been upto the last few days.
Now you will have to excuse me while I go take some of those dumplins out of the oven.

No comments: