Monday, August 23, 2010

My Big Surprise

The other day Josh told me that he was going to take my car in for an oil change.  I handed over my keys as I always do when it comes to anything to do with the car (including filling it up with gas).

Later that afternoon Josh came home and told me he needed to show me something.  I walked out and saw this


That would be a new (to us) car! A 2008 Hyundai Sante Fe complete with heated seats and a sunroof.
I was very surprised!

We had talked about possibly getting a new car because our other car, even though it was a great car, was a little small.  (I didn't realize how small it was until Breeley came along.)  But he really did shock me.

I could end the story there, but I have to tell you about Part B.

Once we spent a little bit of time in the car we noticed that there was a very strong smell.  They had told Josh that it was because of a new treatment on the leather or a cleaning agent that they used.  Josh wasn't so sure about that.  He became obsessed with it and kinda still is, even though we have had it detailed 2x, once at the dealership and also at the place that cleans the police cars in his area.  It is much better.  There is still a little bit of a smell, but I think a little air freshener will help a lot.  I'm not too worried about it.

But, as I said, Josh still wasn't so sure and he had a theory.

The night after we got the car, Josh was nowhere to be found.  I eventually found him in the garage.  He, for some reason, thinks the smell is some type of drug or solution that masks the smell of drugs.  He had the whole car almost completely torn apart.  He had unscrewed and removed the whole back, and was searching it with a flashlight looking for drugs.

I just had to roll my eyes at him.  
(No, he didn't find anything.)

6 comments:

a boy a girl and a pug said...

oh love it! so cute!

Andrea said...

too funny! Love the new wheels!!

Kelly said...

Love your new car!!!!! What a neat surprise!

Unknown said...

That is an awesome surprise! Hooray! And really funny about him pulling the whole thing apart!

Meadowlark said...

Pretty.

Now, the old wife in me is asking: he bought a car? in both your names? (credit-wise) by himself?

Oy vey!!!! Girlfriend you really need to stop this nonsense. between vehicles and weaponry, I'm worrying about ya. ;)

Natalie said...

What a sweetie! And I too would be rolling my eyes because that's totally something my hubs would do. Did he go so far as to ask the K9 to check it out?! Ah, life while married to a cop is never dull, is it?! :) That's a great looking vehicle!