Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Ellie/Bella

About 2 weeks ago, we were out running errands.  At one of our stops, there were some puppies that were available for adoption. 
(Here is a picture that I tweeted that night.)

She is in heaven. on Twitpic

One of the puppies was the calmest puppy I have ever seen.  While the other 8 puppies were running around, crawling all over each other, she just sat there watching everything.  Josh took her out and she cuddled up to him and started to fall asleep.

After we left, Josh and I had a long conversation.  We have been talking about when we were going to get a new dog for awhile now.  We've been a little nervous....  Plus we have a new baby and all.  So, we weren't really sure if it was the right time.  But we were pretty sure this was the right dog.

So, meet Ellie.

Well... sometimes her name is Ellie.  Other times Alyse calls her Bella.  So, I'm not really sure what her name is.  I think Ellie.  Maybe Bella is just her nick name. :)

She is a 14wk lab mix.

Alyse loves her!  And she loves Alyse right back.

She also loves to hang out with Breeley. 
(She is a little calmer than the 3yr old!)


She is a great little puppy.
She sleeps all night, has only had a few accidents in the house, hasn't chewed anything, and is so quiet and calm!
We took her to the pet store yesterday.  I was tempted to buy her these hairbows, but I resisted and bought her a fancy pink "jeweled" collar and leash instead.
Poor Josh.  He is still all alone - even the dog is girly!

6 comments:

Leah said...

How adorable! :)

Unknown said...

So cute!!

Dori said...

Yea for new puppies! We ended up adopting animals before we had originally said we would after we lost our last one...we were just so unprepared for how difficult it would be living without animals in the house!

She's a cutie!! And I'm sure she would have been adorable in the bow! :)

Unknown said...

Hi My name is Karen from http://glassofsweettea.blogspot.com/
I wanted to introduce myself. I am fairly new to blogging, but have enjoyed chatting and learning from other Sisters of Christ by blogging..
I have enjoyed browsing through your post and hope you will take a moment to visit mine .
Have a blessed day, I will be back to visit again soon..

Kristin said...

What a cutie!! She looks like our dog, Bella! :)

I love the picture with Ellie/Bella & Breeley.

Natalie said...

The fact that you were able to take a clear picture of the puppy clearly indicates what a calm, sweet soul she has. Looks like a fun addition to the household!