Every once in awhile Josh has these super busy weeks that we hardly see him. Last week was one of those long weeks! Alyse went 3 full days without seeing her Daddy at all. So, when we found out that he was going to be able to be home really early last Friday we decided to plan a fun afternoon with a little surprise trip for Alyse.
We headed to
Dan Nicholas Park, which is about an hour or so away.
There is lots to do there.
We rode the carousel. (AKA the "round round".)
We also took a train ride.
We saw lots of animals and even got to pet a few.
And then of course stopped a number of times to clean our hands!!!!!!!!!
Josh and Alyse took a paddle boat around the lake.
(Josh - I am so proud of you for not sinking it! Ha!)
That would be in reference to a very funny story from high school.
And of course Alyse got to play on the playground.
This was Breeley's first little surprise trip and we wore her out.
Both of the girls (and their mommy and daddy) really enjoyed the family fun.
5 comments:
Awww, what a fun day with your family!
What a great way to take advantage of an afternoon off! I highly commend Josh for being willing to do that since it's so easy to just want to stay home after those busy cop weeks! Looks like you all had an absolute blast!!!
Holy Moly-Breeley is delicious!
The psycho mother in me-Alyse is gorgeous from head to toe as usual, just please please be careful about letting her wear things with her full name on it-it could make her an easy target to strangers if they wanted to confuse her by calling her by her name! (nothin' but love, just lookin' out)
I have a friend that has grown to love you and your family through my blog. She saw you in Target and told me that she wanted to walk up to you but thought you would think she was crazy. I reassured her that you would love that! And your one of the sweetest girls ever! I hope she sees you again one day-because she reffered to you all by name and everything it was too too cute! I would love to see Breeley in person. One of the cutest babies I have ever seen!
Colleen - thanks so much! I have heard about the dangers of personalized shirts/items before, but I can't help it. I love them so much!!!! Don't worry-Josh was right with her the whole time and he was armed and dangerous. :) But seriously, thanks for the reminder. I guess sometimes saftey is more important than cute fashion....
Please tell your friend that it so sweet of her and next time to please say hey. Would love to meet her.
(I hope it wasn't this past Sat at Target... That wasn't Alyse's best trip and Josh and I were in our workout clothes. I looked horrible!!!!)
And I want to see Bella in person too! She looks precious on your blog. How do we never see each other at church anymore?
LOVE LOVE LOVE Alyse's outfit!!! She is such a little sweetie! I am glad that Josh was able to get a little break to have fun with y'all! Breeley is getting SOOOO big and is absolutely adorable!
Post a Comment