Tuesday, July 13, 2010

unexpected

A few weeks ago I missed a call from Josh because I was putting Alyse to bed.  He left a message and told me to call him. 

When I called him back he told us that one of our friends had been involved in this.  (That is the basic story....) 

The officer involved is a friend.  He is an awesome guy, and a great cop.  After hearing the story, I feel confident in saying that he did the right thing.

Josh was one of the first on scene.  He was the first to go up to our friend and stayed with him as long as possible.  (This is actually the 2nd time that Josh has personally been involved in an officer involved shooting.  So he is "experienced".)

I haven't personally talked to our friend or his wife, but it seems like they are good.  Of course it was a little bit of a shock and an unexpected thing, but he should be back to work soon and their life is back to normal.

When things like this happen it just reminds me that any day can hold an unexpected thing so I need to pray for Josh everyday and to kiss and hug him extra hard as he walks out the door to work.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

My thoughts are the same as your's...we need to hug them tighter and pray for them harder!

therookiewife said...

I know of this situation from living close by, and I am in complete agreement that this officer did the right thing.

I have a hard time reading the local newspaper online, because so many people comment and post completely ridiculous opinions every time anything happens with a cop in the area. It makes me mad! Do you stay away from things like that or do you read like me?

Natalie said...

It's a stark reminder of what our men in blue are trained to face and deal with every time they walk out the door.

It reminds me of a recent tragedy we've had in our area of an 18 month old that drowned. Two of our good friends (deputies for the county) were the first on the scene and relieved each other of CPR until the medics arrived.

They were able to revive her enough to bring her to a children's hospital where she lived for almost a week until she was called Home.

Life is so precious, and though my husband wasn't directly involved in it, the loss of this little girl in our small community has reminded him (and many around us) the importance of letting family members know how much we love each other.