Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Come On, Get Happi

When I was at the hospital, I saw this at the little gift store. 
(When the nurse told me that I could get up and walk around I walked around the halls and a number of times ended up in the gift shop. There is always a reason to shop, even if you just had surgery, had a baby, and are a patient in the hospital!)

It is called the Happi Tummi.

It claimed to help gassy and colicky babies.  I decided to buy one just in case little Miss B had any tummy issues. 

It is a little wrap that has a pocket in it.  There is a small herbal packet that you put in the microwave for 15-30 seconds and then put in the wrap.  Then you wrap it around the baby to calm their upset tummy.

I have only used it 3 times since Breeley was born, but let me tell you, all 3 times I have been so impressed with how quickly she stopped crying!  (2 of the times I used it she was gassy.  The 3rd time she was just really fussy.  She thought she was hungry, but I knew she had eaten enough.  So I thought I would try the wrap.)  I'm not sure if it is the pressure or heat that is on the tummy, or if it is the aroma of the herbs, but it really does work.

So for all you new and soon to be mommas out there (and there are a number of you who I am thinking of), this would be on my list of things that I would recommend.


1 comment:

Sarah Robbins said...

Thanks for posting this! I will have to get one for when we have our little one!