But it is a good exhausted.
This was a very busy weekend.
Friday - Alyse and I went to a Good Friday prayer/worship time at church. Then when Josh got home from work, we went through our closet and started the set up for "Josh's Garage Sale". (For months he has been talking about getting rid of a ton of our stuff at a garage sale. I told him that I would help him organize and go through things but he had to do the actual sale all by himself.)
Saturday - The morning was finally here to clean out the collection of stuff that has been building in the garage. Josh got up really early, put up his signs, and was ready to make some money. He did pretty good. He sold a lot of our stuff (mostly my clothes, a desk, lots of books, candles, and other random things.) He met his goal of what he wanted to make and then afterwards he dropped off the leftovers at Goodwill. (It is nice to have our garage back!)
That night "the Easter Bunny" worked hard to get everything all ready for Miss Alyse. Josh was very helpful...except for the fact that he kept eating the candy that was suppose to be going into the eggs.
Sunday - Oh, what a day!!!!!
It started early! Alyse and I made our way Uptown to the Time Warner Arena. We had breakfast and hung out with some of our friends for awhile. Then I went to go find my seat and get set for the biggest Easter service I had ever been to in my life.
That would be close to 12,000 people worshipping together!700 of those people were saved.
It was amazing!!! I was so proud to be sitting in my seat looking around at what God has done! You see, for the past few years, we have been praying that in 2010 we would see 10,000 people at Elevation. We have also been praying that some day we would fill Time Warner Arena. Yesterday, those prayers were answered! Plus it was an awesome service! The highlight for me was a worship set when lines of people were being baptised and people were singing their hearts out. It was obvious that God was in that arena! Plus, Pastor's sermon was great!
(Click here to watch the news clip)
After lunch, we left Uptown and Alyse and I headed home.
It has become a little tradition for the 2 of us to stop at our neighborhood park to take some Easter pictures. Here are a few shots (note to self: next year, take off her Ekids sticker!)
When Josh finally made it home, he told Alyse that the Easter Bunny had told him where a surprise was for her. She was excited to open her little Easter basket.
She then did a little egg hunt in our front yard.
She loved it! In fact, that is what she has been doing all morning. She has hidden her eggs and then gone off to find them over and over all morning long. Which is great with me. I am just going to sit here and watch her play, and try to recover from all the excitement of the weekend.

1 comment:
Oh my word, I got goosebumps reading about your church service! How awesome God is!! So glad you all had a good Easter and Alyse looked cute as always!
Post a Comment