Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Reasons I Could Never Be A Cop - Reason 1

Over the last few weeks, Josh and I have had many discussions over how I could never been a cop. Not that I've ever had any desire to be a cop... But anyway, I thought it would be fun to share some of the reason with you in a little blog series.

Today - we will start with #1
I would be sick all the time!

You see, over the past few days Alyse and I have both had very sensitive stomachs. I don't know if it something we ate or maybe a little stomach bug, but it hasn't been fun. Monday was bad for me. Last night was Alyse's night to be sick.

Now, if you know me well at all, you will know that I have a very, very weak stomach. My gag reflex is ridiculous! (And being pregnant has NOT made it any better!) Luckily, Josh has been home for most of our "sick child" moments. Cleaning up has always been his job. My job has always been the medicine, comfort, "mommying" part.

Last night, I was all on my own. Let's just say that it didn't go well....

Josh was actually on the phone with me during one of the low points.
He was trying to talk me through the nastiness telling me "Stephanie, you are ok. You can do this!" After I had finished I told him that he just didn't understand how hard it was for me. I asked how he did it. He just said, "Nasty stuff is part of the job."

I don't know what kind of "nasty stuff" that he sees, but I know that I could not handle it.

*Sorry if that was too gross for anyone out there...
If it was too much for you, guess you weren't meant to be a cop either!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel, the stomach flu has been going through our house and it's just icky! I wouldn't want to be a cop because you just never know if you'll be going home at night or not.

Unknown said...

I agree! I could never be a cop. I also hate the clean-up part! Gag!

Lauren said...

I am an RN, so I have a pretty strong stomach. But I always joke with my husband that if I was more brave I would join him as an LEO. I would love to bust people for traffic violations and child abuse.

Rebecca said...

Ha ha, nasty stuff is part of the job. Love the topic. I couldn't be a cop either. I'm to intense for that work ~ guess that's why I'm the wife of a cop instead. More my style.

Holly said...

Haha I know what you mean! My gag reflex seems to eb rather sensitive too! :P