This Sunday I decided it was finally time to move Alyse up to the pre-school class at church (Quest) and out of the nursery.
She could have gone last month when she turned 3, but well...I wasn't too sure.
But I decided that we had to do it sometime.
(I think she wasn't so happy with me for making her stand there so I could take her picture. Get use to it, kid! I am going to be doing it for the rest of your life!)
She walked right in and I showed her all the toys and new friends that she was going to make. I admit that I teared up a little bit when I walked out the door! But it made me smile when her friend Elijah walked in and saw her there. He told me that he would take care of her.
When I picked her up she didn't want to go.
When I asked her if she liked her new class she said "Yes, Mommy!" and then she told me that she learned about Jesus and played with friends.
Good thing I am having another baby soon to put in the nursery cause it is kinda weird having a "big kid".
3 comments:
so glad that she did well! i will sure miss having her in my hall though! but then you reminded me that i will have baby breeley soon!
only 17 days until you meet her!!!!
oh just wait.....in no time at all you are going to turn around and she is 8.
I have 4 kids and every day I look at each one of them and wonder what has happened to time....
I know exactly what you mean! Both my kids are already super tall for their age, but it made me a little teary-eyed to send my oldest to primary (sounds a little similar to Quest for you) for the first time while my daughter continued on to nursery.
I also have to shop in the regular boy section for my oldest, which is still a hard adjustment. He's not even 4 yet! Well, next month he will be, but I can't stand having to admit that size 6 fits him the best right now.
Good thing I have another little boy on the way to put all those cute boy outfits on again since Seth grew out of them too fast for me to fully enjoy!
I'm so glad she enjoyed herself. So do my kids. They just need to stop growing so fast!
Post a Comment