Tuesday, March 23, 2010

What's Purple And White And Has Ribbons All Over?

When I first started to look for ideas for Breeley's nursery, I started to get really frustrated. I found a number of things that I liked but none of them were quite right.

For example, the bedding that I fell in love with was
1. pink (and I wanted purple)
2. Um... $1300.00 (I knew that wasn't happening!)

After searching, I finally emailed my mom a picture of the bedding I liked and asked if we could attempt to make it ourselves. She was up for the challenge.

I became the designer and my mom became the seamstress.

This past weekend we decided to put it in the crib to see how it looked.


It is almost finished (Just a few stitches to add here and there.)

The one side is a silky lavender.
The other side is a satin white with a ribbon accent.
Here is a close up:

The room still has a lot of work to be done, but I am happy with the what we've done so far.

Next up - putting some clothes in the closet/drawers
Then - monogramming the wall!


6 comments:

Sarah Robbins said...

I didn't forget about sweet Breeley, whose room looks terrific and girly and wonderful! The movers deliver our things next week, and I already have plans for what I want to make you. Are you using any other colors or just the lavender and white?

Kelly said...

Beautiful! Ya'll have done a great job on the crib set!

Rebecca said...

My gosh how beautiful!! I can feel the love you have already for your baby. So sweet!

allaboutthehendersons said...

What a blessing to be able to have your mom help you design AND make this! What a treasure! And it's beautiful.

Unknown said...

So cute! What a wonderful, talented Momma you have! Can't wait to see the finished product!

Natalie said...

Ooh! I LOVE it! It's so feminine, I can't wait to see the finished product!