Nothing really serious had happened, but a lot of "little" stuff can be overwhelming.
Let's just say that it sorta became a joke when I called Josh and said, "So, I have something else to add to your to-do list."
(Besides the washing machine breaking, the drain to our tub broke, the toilet got backed up and overflowed, the pilot light on our water heater went out and we had freezing cold water, a bunch of stuff in my closet fell off the shelf, the TV wouldn't work one day, the same day the computer keep turning itself off, I had a ton of stuff to print off, but our printer is broken, my email stopped working on my phone, Alyse had a few little baby/no more dog breakdowns, I had really bad leg cramps....the list could go on and on!)
By this weekend, I was done.
All I wanted to do was lay in my bed.
On Sunday afternoon, Josh said he was going to take Alyse out to play and left me to lay in my bed. He told Alyse to come over and give me a kiss.
She came over and said, "I love you, Mommy!" and gave me a big kiss.
Then she ran out of the room and came back with a book.
She then started to go through her whole bedtime routine (Books, kisses, prayers, etc)
I just laid there and let her "tuck me in".
She even said "Mommy, Alyse loves you. Night night." as she walked out the door.
(I always say "Mommy loves you" as I walk out the door at night.)
I thought it was so sweet.
And after that (and a little nap) I felt so much better.
4 comments:
Oh my goodness, how awful! I hate weeks like that when it seems that everything that could possibly go wrong does. I know that sweet little girl makes it a little better, and I hope this week is much much better!!!
Sorry your week was so rough!! Glad you got some rest! So sweet of Alyse!
Crazy that's a lot of little things to go wrong. Love it when God gives us sweetness through our kids. Get some rest and take a load off. Baby will make things busier for you. Peace sister, peace to you and your family.
What a sweet family you have! Our pilot light went out TOO last week, we called the local plumber, and before we could make an appointment (which was WAY expensive) we suddenly had hot water again and haven't had problems since. It was weird then but especially weird that the same thing (on top of all your other fun trials!) that you experienced! Life sure is kept interesting, isn't it?!
Post a Comment