I guess that yesterday at my Dad's church they celebrated Palm Sunday by dressing the children up in "Jesus clothes" and giving them palm branches to wave.
Alyse insisted on bring hers home with her. She also told me that she needed her "Jesus dress". I wasn't really sure what we were going to use for that, but then I remembered that Josh's sister, Maria, had brought Alyse home a dress from when she lived in Israel for awhile. I figured that was a pretty good "Jesus dress" to put on her.
So last night she ran around in her dress waving her palm.
(These are the best pictures I could get.... A 3 year old with a palm branch is kinda dangerous.)
When she is with my parents she gets to participate in a lot of "traditional" church things. I'm glad that she gets to wave palm branches, sing in a children's choir, go to Wednesday night church, etc..
However, she also gets to see God moving in such a powerful way at Elevation. We love our church and are so glad that she is a part of E-kids. We know that she is having a great education and example of God surrounding her each week that we pray will make a strong impact on her to be on fire for God.
In one week she will go from running around a small traditional family church in her "Jesus clothes" to the next week being with 10,000+ people at Time Warner Arena celebrating Easter by Egging the City. And I know that she loves both!
We think it is pretty special that she gets to have the best of both worlds when it comes to being raised in the church.
However, she also gets to see God moving in such a powerful way at Elevation. We love our church and are so glad that she is a part of E-kids. We know that she is having a great education and example of God surrounding her each week that we pray will make a strong impact on her to be on fire for God.
In one week she will go from running around a small traditional family church in her "Jesus clothes" to the next week being with 10,000+ people at Time Warner Arena celebrating Easter by Egging the City. And I know that she loves both!
We think it is pretty special that she gets to have the best of both worlds when it comes to being raised in the church.

2 comments:
So cute! I love her "Jesus dress." What awesome times she gets to have with her grandparents!!
And you're instilling such great values in her. Thanks for remembering the most important part of Easter, which is Christ's resurrection and the celebration we have of His example!
P.S. Way cute Jesus dress. Very fitting.
Post a Comment